SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at my local Wal-Mart today looking for some 9mm for my P30 and I ran across a box of RWS 124 gr FMJ. I've never heard of it, but it was on sale for $12.50 per 50 round box. I bought two boxes. If you look at the picture of the bullet on the box it has a "stag horn" below a "German eagle" which look just like the markings on my GERMAN made HK P30, however the ammo says "Made in Switzerland". Can anyone explain?

Any good?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I've only shot high quality match grade RWS ..22 Long Rife ammo before and it was excellent.

However, I have had an RWS Diana Model 34 break action air rifle for about 30 years now and only shoot RWS Match grade pellets from it.

I use aspirins for targets at 25 feet and it smokes 'em every time.

Dynomite Nobel and RWS are both German corporations, I believe, but they probably also have manufacturing plants in Switzerland too.

All in all, anything RWS produces should be high quality.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The German eagle and stag horn logos means that the ammo has been inspected and approved by the Deutche Waffenamt (Weapons Office/Administration) for domestic use. All HKs and German-made Sigs have those same markings.

RWS stands for Rheinisch-Westfalischen Sprengstoff and is a subsidiary of DynamitNobel headquartered in Furth, Germany.

I've used their ammo in the past and was very impressed with it's consistancy.

I believe DynamitNobel is actually a Swedish concern.

Leb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts