Replacement trigger springs | SIG Sauer 556 Forum

Replacement trigger springs

Discussion in '556 Discussions' started by turner56, Jun 22, 2020.

1. turner56

turner56 Member

Does anyone have a source for lighter trigger springs? I know Shooting Sight makes a new hammer but that won't help with the pull weight. I've already polished and lubed my stock unit so the pull itself is smooth, maybe a little long. In reality the heavy weight of the trigger pull is the only thing keeping my SIG556 gun from being as accurate as my AR. If I don't concentrate hard enough I pull shots to the right because of it. I've tried searching online but have come up empty handed. I know there was a guy from Germany doing it years ago but that source seemed to have dried up. Any help would be apreciated!

2. LKY13

LKY13 Member

Have you tried to adjust the plunger? Mine are very light, and crisp.
    Hard to say if this will work for every trigger, as I have not attempted to tune many US versions.
    And, US parts seem to vary quite a bit depending on the run.
    Well worth attempting first, though...

3. turner56

turner56 Member

I adjusted it to the break point years ago and I've through about setting it back further so that might be my next attempt. Before I polished my trigger I bought a backup set in case I took off too much; I guess there is a possibility that trigger sets engagement might be lighter but I doubt it. At the end of the day, I think it's simply the spring itself. It's really too bad no one makes a drop in trigger system or a spring that works with our platform, swapping out my GI trigger on my ar15 to a 4.5lbs drop-in completely changed the rifle.

4. fachries

fachries Member

+1
    [​IMG]

5. LKY13

LKY13 Member

If US-- you might be right. Hard to say. I was fortunate enough to track down some early rifles with Swiss trigger groups.
    The one I tuned to be the lightest has three distinct stages, and a very crisp final break w/minimal stacking.

Have you tested Shooting Sight's trigger? Or, are you simply assuming it will not break lighter than your factory trigger?
    Just curious, as I have no experience with this trigger group, and have never been able to get any straight answers about it.

6. turner56

turner56 Member

I haven't, I may buy one eventually, although, I really think the problem is with the spring tension itself.