SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any One Know of GOOD
REPLACEMENT TRIGGER TO UPGRADE from STOCK?!... (556XI R) I LIKE GEISSELE!... (But, I don't Know which ONE, IF ANY WILL WORK?!...*PLEASE HELP!!!*
-SOULJA253

·
Registered
414 Posts
Any One Know of GOOD
REPLACEMENT TRIGGER TO UPGRADE from STOCK?!... (556XI R) I LIKE GEISSELE!... (But, I don't Know which ONE, IF ANY WILL WORK?!...*PLEASE HELP!!!*
-SOULJA253
Art Neergard at shooting sight makes a competition trigger. Nice units. Great trigger function.give him a try.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any One Know of GOOD
-SOULJA253
I'm Bout 2 have My Trigger Upgraded by MEMBER: TEXAS GUNSMITH "HIS WORK AS SEEN ON YOUTUBE- 7PART SERIES His UPGRADES LOOKS 2 BE A AWESOME, AFFORDABLE AND VERY BENEFICAL UPGRADE!..." I'LL UPDATE AFTER UPGRADE/TRIAL
-SOULJA253

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Had Texas gunsmith do his upgrade to my 556xi. With shipping, it's about half the cost of the Shootingsystems upgrade. All I can say is, WOW what a difference! It's on par with my RR two stage. Before the upgrade it was difficult to tell what was the most accurate round because the trigger was so bad. (9 lbs. now 4.5 lbs.) I now know it likes 75/77 gr. (So far, I didn't have time to check many rounds.) I'm a retired LEO and started my Department's rifle program and was on the first SRT. I did a lot of research before I sent my lower to Texas. I now highly recommend TGS's upgrade. XMPDSRT

·
Registered
132 Posts
I Had Texas gunsmith do his upgrade to my 556xi. With shipping, it's about half the cost of the Shootingsystems upgrade. All I can say is, WOW what a difference! It's on par with my RR two stage. Before the upgrade it was difficult to tell what was the most accurate round because the trigger was so bad. (9 lbs. now 4.5 lbs.) I now know it likes 75/77 gr. (So far, I didn't have time to check many rounds.) I'm a retired LEO and started my Department's rifle program and was on the first SRT. I did a lot of research before I sent my lower to Texas. I now highly recommend TGS's upgrade. XMPDSRT
That's great news. Thanks for the update. Though I've done a bunch, I rarely get feedback, haha. I'm glad it meets your needs.

For anyone interested I did vid series about it a while back. There have been some minor updates in the way I do it, but nothing significant. You can see the series list here:
SIG 556 Trigger Enhancement Series - YouTube

·
Registered
118 Posts
I sat on my hands, having Texas Gun Smith's trigger kit for way too long, but finally got an afternoon to ... pull the trigger, lol!
THANK YOU is a first thing I owe him.
This is what I needed a long time ago. I've scored few wins in the "bragging rights" matches and comps, and bagged 2 "Distinguished Experts" ratings with SIG stock trigger, but his set makes the SIG factory trigger feel worse than plain-jane AK-47 or AKM.
What a difference! Everything is just as in the video series: short, GREATLY reduced trigger pull, clean reset, and fully functioning safety. My "stock" SIG556xi feels like upscale single-stage trigger AR (and yes, I've spanked plenty of these with my SIG).
Thank you once again for clever, affordable and fully functional solution for the line that even factory don't care about any longer.
Best wishes in your career, TX GS!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I sat on my hands, having Texas Gun Smith's trigger kit for way too long, but finally got an afternoon to ... pull the trigger, lol!
THANK YOU is a first thing I owe him.
This is what I needed a long time ago. I've scored few wins in the "bragging rights" matches and comps, and bagged 2 "Distinguished Experts" ratings with SIG stock trigger, but his set makes the SIG factory trigger feel worse than plain-jane AK-47 or AKM.
What a difference! Everything is just as in the video series: short, GREATLY reduced trigger pull, clean reset, and fully functioning safety. My "stock" SIG556xi feels like upscale single-stage trigger AR (and yes, I've spanked plenty of these with my SIG).
Thank you once again for clever, affordable and fully functional solution for the line that even factory don't care about any longer.
Best wishes in your career, TX GS!
Great news and thanks a lot. Its always good to hear people are satisfied. Most that I have done I never hear from again, so I guess no news is good news, haha. From those I have heard from, as well as my own experience with it, it has done exactly what I wanted and been dead reliable. However going forward I'm kind of undecided if I will continue to make them.

One, the jobs kind of trickle in, not a giant seller. But secondly I found the newest version of the shooting sight trigger removes pretravel/take up. At least it did on an xi I just did some work on. And the previous versions did not. Well with that problem fixed, cutting pull weight down and setting over travel stop is easily done by setting the plunger bolt behind trigger. The end result is nearly identical to what my mod accomplished in pull weight and length of pull. One difference is starting point of the shooting sight trigger is slightly more forward, maybe an 1/8". Anyway, I have pics and other info, just not time right now. I'll try to get it up this week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts