SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used PE90 and the rubber seals are starting to crack. Could I replace the seals my self? It appears that the seals are fixed by rivets. Thanks in advance.

[/img]

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
yoyo said:
I recently purchased a used PE90 and the rubber seals are starting to crack. Could I replace the seals my self? It appears that the seals are fixed by rivets.]
...use a good rubber conditioner to extend the life of the bolt cover...i don't recomend replacing them yourself...when they finally go...just trim off what's left and call it a day...they really aren't necessary...the gun will run just fine without them...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ullie said:
yoyo said:
I recently purchased a used PE90 and the rubber seals are starting to crack. Could I replace the seals my self? It appears that the seals are fixed by rivets.]
...use a good rubber conditioner to extend the life of the bolt cover...i don't recomend replacing them yourself...when they finally go...just trim off what's left and call it a day...they really aren't necessary...the gun will run just fine without them...
Thank you for your reply. This is what I thought, apparently they are designed as an integral part of the upper receiver.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roughneck12 said:
Is that a Black Special? I thought they had the flat top. I have a Classic Green,
Yes, it's a Black Special. They come in both versions (rail + flip-up or drum sight)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts