SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SWAT Patrol Rifle I'm preparing to SBR. This rifle is primarily going to be an Optics rifle but I'm going to throw some BUIS on the rail.

I'll admit I feel retarded, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the front sight off the damn thing...

·
Registered
28 Posts
there is a roll pin you need to push out of the threaded screw on the right side of the sight unit. it holds the adjustment disk on and keeps it from turning while you adjust the windage. one you punch that pin out you can unscrew the disk off the side of the screw. them remove the screw from the left side and once that's off the sight you can take a brass punch and drift the sight out of the dovetail.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
......you need to think of the two front sight "disks" as a nut and a screw...the "roll pin" disk is the nut and the end with the allen head is the "screw"...the roll pin captures the screw and prevents it from turning in the nut...

...first...position the "nut" end so that you can tap out the roll pin so that it releases the screw...enabling it to rotate and unscrew from the nut...once removed...gently tap out the sight from the dovetail base using a brass punch or wooden dowel...that's all there is to it...

...tip...if you use some penetrant such as WD40 or Breakfree CLP on the parts....it will make the process more easy...just add a few drops here and there...and let sit a few minutes before you start the disassembly...

... http://www.sigarms556.com/viewtopic.php?t=2562

1 - 3 of 3 Posts