Reduced pull weight trigger springs for 55x now available | SIG Sauer 556 Forum

Reduced pull weight trigger springs for 55x now available

Discussion in 'New Products' started by ShootingSight, Sep 24, 2012.

1. ShootingSight

ShootingSight Member Supporting Vendor

Member Scoro-550 (Matt Kreutz) in Germany has developed and is selling trigger spring kits for the SIG 55x. These are different from my trigger kits, in that I replace hammer and sear with parts that are better steel, sharper sear edges, and they get rid of that annoying 3rd-stage of slack inside the trigger mechanism. Matt's kit is all about changing the pull weight of the first and second stage by replacing the SIG springs. In addition, Matt provides spacers to regulate the amount of overtravel in the trigger. It's a very thorough kit, including all the tools to adjust the trigger, and very detailed instructions.

Matt, please post the picture you sent me, showing all the parts.

Also, post price, and contact information - Do you want people to use email, or the PM function on this board?

I have quoted his message from another thread below.

Art

Unfortunately, I see his pictures didn't copy/paste from the quote.

2. ShootingSight

Re: Reduced pull weight trigger springs for 55x now availabl

If I understood it, the spring kit, along with overtravel spacers and all tools is $39.95, including shipping from Germany.

3. datcha

datcha Administrator

That's not bad, I may have to build a lower just for precision shooting and get both your kit and his.

4. ShootingSight

Yes, for liability reasons, I don't do reduced weight springs, while this guy does the springs. So ideally, his kit and mine ought to be the best you can do in total.

5. Pilky01

Pilky01 New Member

Just ordered one. I will let everyone know how it goes. I want to get the better components too eventually just don't have the money right now. I will just be using the springs with the factory parts. The heavy pull is the only thing I don't love about my rifle.

6. Cowboy1

Cowboy1 New Member

Well got my spring kits a couple days ago, I installed one and it feels great, I think I have the over travel adjusted correctly but not sure, either way the trigger pull is very nice you can tell the difference, as far as over travel can anybody point me to a detailed explaination, I think I have it right, I compared it to my 551 and they look the same, and the pull length seems the same.
    Thanks
    CB

This install was on top of Shooting sights system that was already installed with both installed, the pull on this is better than any AR, I have felt to include my 516 and 716 which are pretty darn good.

7. ShootingSight

There is no overtravel adjustment in the trigger. The spring plunger is adjusted so it acts as your second stage, and contacts the trigger slightly before the hammer is released. Unless you prefer a single stage trigger, in which case you could adjust it back to act as an overtravel stop, but that was not the SIG intent.

8. Cowboy1

Cowboy1 New Member

I'm just referencing the info from Matt on the installation of his spring kit, I used a spacer to set the 2nd stage, I have it set between 0.5 and 1.0 mm does that sound right?

CB

9. banshee

banshee Member

Matt's spring kit come with a trigger stop.

10. Cowboy1

Cowboy1 New Member

Are you refering to the the black plastic spacers that came with the kit?

CB

11. banshee

banshee Member

yes sir.

12. ShootingSight

The black spacers make the second stage plunger 'bottom-out', which is your overtravel stop.

The correct 2 stage setup is that you pull the trigger, it hits the spring plunger to give you your second stage pressure. 0.5 to 1.0mm of travel later the hammer drops, and then some distance later the spring plunger bottoms out, stopping trigger travel. How much that 'some distance' is, is up to your personal preference, and that's why he gives you several spacers, so you can try different amounts of overtravel.

13. Cowboy1

Cowboy1 New Member

Just ordered my third spring set, to go with the shooting sight setup.

CB

ps, that explanation helps appreciate it Art.

14. dengoose

dengoose New Member

Any chance someone could email me a copy of the instructions for the spring kit? Or post it here? I recieved my kit today, but it didnt have instructions with it. I sent Matt an email as well. Replacing the trigger spring is easy enough, but all the extra shims included kinda threw me are these needed? Left over parts drive me nuts lol

15. ShootingSight

There are several thick washers that you can put on the hex head plunger, behind the trigger, that cause the plunger to bottom out after the hammer falls - so this is overtravel control for people who want that. He gives you several different thicknesses, so you can pick out the one that works best for you.

Then he gives you two thin shim washers. These go between the disconnector and the trigger body to reduce rubbing of the disconnector on the trigger. If you are using my trigger kit, I don't think these are necessary, but they won't do any harm.

16. dengoose

dengoose New Member

Excellent thank you for the reply I am combining the spring kit with your trigger group. Matt emailed me the instructions this morning. Also thank you Banshee for the IM

17. Cowboy1

Cowboy1 New Member

Just installed my third reduced trigger spring set on my 551A1 along with the Shooting Sights setup and all I can say is, get this setup you will be very pleased. I have the reduced trigger along with Shootinsights setup on my 556 SBR, 556R and now my 551A1 and I could not be happier, very please.

CB

18. ShootingSight

Thanks.

19. cj_shadow

cj_shadow Member

I got the trigger kit from ShootingSight and its Amazing! Hugh improvement over stock.
    "Art" from ShootingSight is very helpful. I highly recommend his Sig556 trigger kit to EVERY Sig556 variant owner! Art's trigger is smooth & precise and makes you a better shot, period!

I just got the spring kit from Scoro in Germany and its A+ in the quality department.
    Anybody have any pointers for me prior to my install? I would appreciate advice.

20. ShootingSight

Make sure the weapon is unloaded.

Other than that, all parts, mine and Scoro's, are drop in with zero adjustment or fitting required.

The only adjustment you need to make is after you are all done, you need to adjust the position of the hex headed plunger behind the trigger, so it contacts the trigger about 0.5mm travel before the hammer releases.

You also want to make sure you do a full function safety check of the trigger and safety prior to putting the rifle back into service.