SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
For me, not so much. It's going to be hard to top John Milius' (Conan the Barbarian and Apocolypse Now) original script. What does have me intrigued is Jeffery Dean Morgan as COL Tanner. Powers Boothe did a very good job with the role in '84. But Morgan's interpretation of the Comedian in "The Watchmen" was spot on. I'll go see it, of course. Who wouldn't like to see hordes of Godless communists getting gunned down and blown up...apart from the Godless communists themselves, I mean.

As I understand it, the location of the story has been moved from Colorado to Michigan.

Leb

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Sweet! I am originally from the U.P. of Michigan and there is a town there called Calumet as in the movie. People there adopted the first film because of that and because of the Wolverines name :) The scenery was very close as well.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Zeus said:
Sweet! I am originally from the U.P. of Michigan and there is a town there called Calumet as in the movie. People there adopted the first film because of that and because of the Wolverines name :) The scenery was very close as well.
I never knew you were a Yooper. Beautiful country and absolutely some of the best hunting in the US. I also hear that winter is the best ten months of the year there. :wink:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just an FYI this Film is shot and in the can. Its done. But because of MGM's money trouble its in sitting in the void until MGM is "dealt" with.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I saw some footage a couple months back......I'll take the original anyday.

·
Registered
593 Posts
my old man took me to see this in the theater when I was eleven. It scared the crap out of me. Even more so b/c he was a naval officer at the time and assured me the premise of the movie was quite possible.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I enjoyed the original when I was younger but when I watched it again the special effects seemed really dated. But the guerrilla tactics were awesome. I just hope they can keep the essence of the movie straight.

Plus, I'd like to see an accurate portrayal of what happens when commies run across the type of person who is a member of this site.

·
Registered
803 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts