SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been reading for a while and finally found something to question / be jealous about / want to change with my Sig556.

Background - Purchased my Sig 556 specifically 556003 in December of last year and received a unit manufactured in August of 09. Very nice shooter happy with everything except the rear sling attachment point being on the folding portion of the stock.

Jealous bit/Want to change / Question - So I was in the photo thread specifically http://www.sigarms556.com/viewtopic.php?t=8242 and saw the rear sling attachment point on that unit. Went to a local fun show the next day and saw a few new units with the same attachment point. Now are these factory sling attachment points on newer builds than mine or are they an aftermarket part. One of the rifles I could handle at the fun show the slot looked home cut and then blued hence the question.

If they are in fact Factory, has anyone checked to see what a new bare lower with this feature costs? Availability? Dream item?

I am not keen on taking a loss on a less than 6 month old gun just to get a sling mount but I really dont like the sling setup that I have to use currently. And I know it has kept my 556 in the safe in favor of an AR just for this reason for some uses.

Any thoughts, Companys to contact or Sig Contacts would be greatly appreciated.

Radioman

·
Registered
28 Posts
I spoke with Mark today at Sig CS (very nice guy) and he said $100, send in your lower and they will machine the rear sling point. I like that they offer that, but not that it cost an additional $100. I'll have to think about that one for a second. Damn...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.