SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used my 556 during out monthly SWAT training last week. We shot alot of frangible ammo at steel targets while on the move. I am proud to say that I had zero misses, and it gobbled up the frang rounds without a hiccup.

Other than the weight, my guys really liked my rifle. The M4's that we use are a bit lighter, but for semi auto fire, the 556 was just awesome!!

Oh, it's just a plain fishgill model, and with P-Mags, I have yet to have a FTF, or any other issue. I once again, just have to say I love this rifle! : :D

Tim

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, its funny, but I have used the Sig mags in the past, and never had a problem. I switched to the MagPul's after getting on this forum.

Still the frangible rounds have a funny shaped nose, and fed flawlessly.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've out over 2k rounds on the mags, but they are now starting to malfunction. Only 2k, I've got 15 year old C-mags that are still working fine after 100's of thousands of rounds. Not sure why, but I won't use the Sigs if I don't trust them to work.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like that added weight. It makes double tap drills so much easier than the m4. The m4 bounces around between shots.The ambidextrous safety makes switching from safe to semi much easier, too.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have to agree with you on the added weight. My follow up double tap shots are much quicker (to me it seems) than with my M4. And with a single point sling on my vest, it really doesn't bother me any more than the M4 or my MP-5.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Much of the credit for faster second shots when doing hammers or controlled pairs has to go to the trigger of the Sig. Once I got used to the nuances of the trigger, it made follow up shots SUBSTANTIALLY faster.

Leb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts