SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well fellas, I was looking for a good compact varmit scope for my recently acquired Sig 556. I found this one on optics planet and I've had good luck dealing with them in years past, so I grabbed one.

It's got a quick mount/disconnect on it for the top rail. I had to remove the diopter Sig rear sight. The front hooded stock sight does not interfere with this view at all for me. But, also, the charging handle on the 556 sits up too high and will make contact with the scope unless it's all the way back on the rail.

First of all, I had the Sig sighted in in about 12 rounds. 4 runs of 3 shots. The scope has a locking cap on the elevation adjustment which is nice, but the windage adjustment on the right side moves too easily. I'll probably put a dab of something on there to keep it from moving unintentionally.

I LOVE THIS RIFLE! I sighted it in at 50 yards dead on. Three rounds inside a quarter all day long even with the barrel hot. Great rifle. Broke it down and had it cleaned up in no time at all at the end of the day.

All in all, this is a very nice "inexpensive" variable scope. I think I got good value for my money. I hope it holds up. Lighted reticle (green or red) is a nice touch.

NC-RS-3942G-STM3942G NC Star Mark III Tactical Series 3942G 3-9X42 Compact Riflescopes w/ Fully Multi Coated Lenses for Weaver/Picatinny $136.00

http://www.opticsplanet.net/nc-star-mar ... scope.html

1 - 1 of 1 Posts