please delete......double post | SIG Sauer 556 Forum

please delete......double post

Discussion in '556 Discussions' started by CarbineKid, Jul 18, 2011.

1. CarbineKid

CarbineKid New Member

2. Muad-dib

Muad-dib New Member

Re: I have a couple of more questions on my New 556

Unfortunately, these are generally after-market parts. You can find different versions of sights for the 556 here, and here. Because of their heights, they will not be compatible with the supplied factory rear sights necessitating an after-market rear sight as well. Others may chime in with different options but these are the ones I most readily know.

Have you removed the front take down pin on the receiver? The front pin locks into a tab on the handguards and they can not be removed until you take down the receiver. After that, if they are tight, it should just be a matter of wiggling out the handguards.

It is perfectly okay to remove the gas tube. The gas tube simply slides out the front of the gas block and you can clean it. Do not put oil on it, the gas piston, or the gas valve parts as the heat from firing will cook the oil onto these parts and make them look case-hardened like Old West guns and could degrade the life of the parts. Simply use some sort of cleaner that you can wipe off but does not penetrate (like, do not use CLP/Break Free) metal. Once the carbon is wiped/scraped off these parts they are clean enough to use. And be sure you replace the tube the way it is supposed to be or your 556 will act like a bolt-action when firing.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014