SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,403 Posts
Glad to hear that the lib dems are all soiling their pants and panties over this one..... :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,727 Posts
Pelosi said "no"?

Something truly weird is going on here.

She's been anti gun since Moses was a baby, right? What's her motivation for seeming to oppose reinstating the AWB?

Is something headed our way (another attack?) that will make it much easier to do than it would be now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
Or it could just be sour grapes over not being consulted before such an announcement was made. Remember, she had a similar reaction to another bill not long ago. On the other hand, this could be a positive development. I would LOVE to be wrong on my predictions of a push for an AWB this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
I do not trust these politicians with my rights and you should not, either.

Once they have power they will do whatever they can do to keep it, and increase it.

Perhaps this signals that we won't see a frontal assault on our rights, but wait and see what flanking maneuvers they come up with. Look for lead restrictions that choke ammo supplies to start.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,727 Posts
Mac2411 said:
Or it could just be sour grapes over not being consulted before such an announcement was made. Remember, she had a similar reaction to another bill not long ago. On the other hand, this could be a positive development. I would LOVE to be wrong on my predictions of a push for an AWB this year.
LOL - She DOES usually look like she has a mouthful of sour grapes, perhaps you're right!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Pelosi is nuts, but she's no fool. This is just another indication that one hand of the Democratic Party doesn't know what the other is doing. Pelosi understands that the Democrats are in a perfect position. Things have gotten so badly, so quickly that the party in charge has the opportunity to look like heroes if they just allow enough time to pass for everything to get better. Taking on controversial issues like the AWB are risky and could backfire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Oregonian said:
Pelosi is nuts, but she's no fool. This is just another indication that one hand of the Democratic Party doesn't know what the other is doing. Pelosi understands that the Democrats are in a perfect position. Things have gotten so badly, so quickly that the party in charge has the opportunity to look like heroes if they just allow enough time to pass for everything to get better. Taking on controversial issues like the AWB are risky and could backfire.
I think they're aiming for 2010 and beyond first. They still remember how the Clinton ban ended their control of the house and senate, and like you said, the economy isn't anywhere near stable enough to test the water of constitutional rights just yet.

Very interesting though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Eric Holder seems to be becoming more and more of a loose cannon. His days may be numbered if he keeps this speaking out of turn crap up. He definetly stepped in it, on this comment. Hopefully the Dems aren't stupid enough to do something that would most definetly result in more blood like we saw in the 90's. The two America's can only take so much of each other before it becomes civil war.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
I had to clean my glasses and re-read it :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
This Eric Holder has got to go. This guy can't even keep the libs on his side (LOL).
Seriously though, I do agree this isn't the last we hear of this ban. Only because they can't handle the economy right now is it going to come up later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Yes, let's all hope for change, and believe what a politician says, after all Obama doesn't want to infringe on your rights, either.....
Am I a little cynical???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
I don't think Holder will last long. Justice already started to give google a hard time about anti-trust stuff awhile ago and Holder will only make that worst just based on his stance and what he's said in the past when he helped the RIAA. He's gonna lean on google or shoot of his mouth.

Obama and Eric Schmidt (Google CEO) are pretty tight, I bet if push comes to shove Holder will go. Obama's not gonna risk losing million dollar donation's from Schmidt.

Florian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
I really hate to spoil the good mood, but this is a scam. They know the outrage that would come about if this passed right now, so Pelosi is trying to garnish what little support she can from the American People until she feels the time is right to start a back-door assault on our rights. It seems the libs are catching on that the sheep won't revolt if liberty is stripped a little at a time. "Sure, keep your assualt weapons," they'll say. "Now look the other way while we start passing legislation to serialize ammo, after all, it's give a little take a little, right? Ok, you still have your assault weapons and are all responsible ammo owners, now we need you to buy a "day-pass" every time you want to go shooting (see Switzerland, they've got 'em). It's for your own good, we need to offset that nasty carbon you are putting off..."

What was it that chick said in the Star Wars movie? "So this is how liberty dies...To thunderous applause...?"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
I didn't see her say "no" anywhere in that article. She did say that the AG hadn't discussed it with her. If you know anything about these people, they're corrupt as hell and anythings possible in the backroom dealing.

Articles like these only serve to get people to let their guards down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,727 Posts
owenb01 said:
I really hate to spoil the good mood, but this is a scam. They know the outrage that would come about if this passed right now, so Pelosi is trying to garnish what little support she can from the American People until she feels the time is right to start a back-door assault on our rights. It seems the libs are catching on that the sheep won't revolt if liberty is stripped a little at a time. "Sure, keep your assualt weapons," they'll say. "Now look the other way while we start passing legislation to serialize ammo, after all, it's give a little take a little, right? Ok, you still have your assault weapons and are all responsible ammo owners, now we need you to buy a "day-pass" every time you want to go shooting (see Switzerland, they've got 'em). It's for your own good, we need to offset that nasty carbon you are putting off..."

What was it that chick said in the Star Wars movie? "So this is how liberty dies...To thunderous applause...?"
BINGO! +1

I believe that they are going to backdoor us to death until they feel there isn't any real danger of them losing power before they come at us head on.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top