SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a para ordance LDA .45 I saved forever for this gun. I thought I really wanted a hi cap 1911. what a POS when it fires its great. When it doesnt its infuriating. 7 dif kinds of ammo same result. no ryme or reason to when is misfires or fails to feed. It would be more effective and consistant if I threw it at target.

I cant trade it in because i have a conscience i cant call Para because I bought it on gunbroker. NIB but still wasnt from a dealer. I put my $300 ruger 9mm back in the nightstand. thousands of rounds through THAT and never a problem.

Anyone need a nice drag anchor?

Thanks for reading my vent.

·
Vendor
825 Posts
Why exactly can't you call Para?

They should offer a warranty that is independent of where you bought it. Gunbroker or not, the manufacturer should offer a warranty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i guess I can call them I didnt think they would talk to me since i didnt buy it from an authorized dealer. I have tried 3 different mags. There is no reason I can see for malfuntion it just happens randomly.

·
Vendor
825 Posts
I know a lawyer that was involved in gun lawsuits, and based on what she explained to me, I am pretty confident that if you call and say you are having trouble with the function of one of their guns, they will be GLAD to talk to you. They might eventually suggest you need to pay for repairs if it is out of warranty, but even there, they are on thin ice. If you complain about function, and they do not address it or fix it, and then you go off and have an accident with their defective gun that they refused to fix, they are in a million bucks of trouble. They know it, so they will go out of their way to make sure they are very helpful.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
handyscott said:
I bought a para ordance LDA .45 I saved forever for this gun. I thought I really wanted a hi cap 1911. what a POS when it fires its great. When it doesnt its infuriating. 7 dif kinds of ammo same result. no ryme or reason to when is misfires or fails to feed. It would be more effective and consistant if I threw it at target.

I cant trade it in because i have a conscience i cant call Para because I bought it on gunbroker. NIB but still wasnt from a dealer. I put my $300 ruger 9mm back in the nightstand. thousands of rounds through THAT and never a problem.

Anyone need a nice drag anchor?

Thanks for reading my vent.
...now that you've vented...perhaps you may be interested in taking a reasonable approach to correct any issues that "may" be affecting the reliability of your LDA...

...a good start would be to familiarize yourself with Para USA's service policies and the "specific" rights that you have within your particular state...ie MN... regarding the merchantability of products...

... http://www.paraord.com/new/service_policy.php

...after you clearly understand your legal rights...i would call Para USA and explain the situation to them in an honest and politely humble mannor...asking...not demanding...their assistance...and see what they say...and be prepared to go into great detail...including the circumstances of purchase and "exactly" how the pistol is malfunctioning...

...before you contact Para USA...you might properly prepare your pistol by cleaning it well...removing all traces of factory perservatives and grease by using a product like Gun Scrubber - i recomend the polymer safe type...and properly lubricating it with a good liguid lubricant such as Breakfree CLP...no grease...

...new pistols are sometimes a little tight...some more so than others...and sometimes require a break in period of up to 500 rounds...you can loosen the pistol up a little by cycling the slide several hundred times without a magazine present...no need to drop the hammer...and new pistols "sometimes" need to be run a little on the "wet" side...and relubed as often as every 50 rounds or so until they break in...

...read this and use some common sense to apply it to a 1911 type...

... http://www.sigarms556.com/viewtopic.php?t=8741

...i would also check that the magazines are assembled correctly...

...and use good ammunition such as Federal or Winchester 230 grain Ball ammunition...generic is OK...and give the gun a chance...

...if you still have issues...and need assistance...you need to give a "very detailed" account of what is actually happening...type of malfunction...how often...round position in mag...ie last round...third from last...etc...ejection pattern and how forceful...type (of bullet)...brand and weight of ammo used...lubricant used and where...i'm thinking you get the idea here...

...if you approach this problem rationally...i'm sure it can have a happy ending...worse case...you'll have to ship it to Para USA for adjustment...

...i know it is disappointing and frustrating when you purchase a new firearm and it doesn't live up to your expectations...but...honestly...if you want or need assistance...starting off with calling something a "piece of crap" or a "POS" isn't the way to go about it...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re:

lenardlex said:
Thanks for posting this. I've been eyeballing that P14 for a while.
I have a P-14 & it is clearly my favorite pistol.

It feeds everything perfectly, except for 185gr semi-wad cutters, which will occasionally misfeed if seated too short. Get the length correct & they work exellent as well.

Not sure of the problem with the original post, but I do not consider the Para a problematic pistol.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've had no isues with either of the Paras i've owned. 2 things have confused me over the last few months....... 1. people who swear of a manufacturere based on one gun. 2. people who believe more money=more quality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts