SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, great forum here!!! So here is my dilemma. I cleaned my 556 SCM today, and refitted my rings and scope. When i looked through the scope, there was a piece of what looked like lint on one of the lenses. I went to my range bag, opened a fresh, clean lens cloth and went to the front lens and wiped it gently. I moved the cloth a bit in my hands to a new spot, then wiped again. On my first pass, I must have picked up some of the grease or oil on the threads on the inside end of the scope and got it on the lens, now it is clouded up and I don't know what to do. I also found out too that the "lint" is on the inside of the scope. Can it be taken apart easily or should i just contact Burris? :(

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
...to clean a "typical" scope lens...first gently "blow away" any dust or debris that may scratch the lense...you can use canned air used for eletronics...i use a soft "all cotton" cloth moistened with a little isopropyl alcohol mixed with "distilled" water and gently clean from the inside of the lens outwards...and then rinse with "distilled" water by using a wet ( not dripping ) soft "all cotton" cloth ...blow away the excess...and dry with a soft "all cotton" cloth...working from the center of the lens outwards...

...you can add a drop or two of "mild" liquid dishwashing soap ( like Dawn ) to the distilled water and alcohol mixture...if you like...

...if you have any lint or other debris on the inside of the lens...your scope needs to go back to Burris...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ullie for your quick response. The "lint" is on the inside of the scope, so I am going to send it in to Burris and ask them to clean the lens. That way I won't mess it up any more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts