SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should Obammy do with General McChrystal?

1. Reprimand

2. Relieve of command

3. Forced retirement

4. Nothing at all

5. Give him another star

I vote to give him another Star for his truthfulness and honesty.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I vote give him a mild public reprimand so Obama does not appear too weak and then thank him in private for his honesty.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
- George Orwell.

Maybe Obammy will do the right thing and get rid of Holbrook and Biden instead???? :p

·
Registered
365 Posts
The deed has been done. McChrystal has MacArthured himself.
Lincoln did it to McClellan.
Grant sorta did it to General Custer
And we all remember General "I shall return" MacArthur and Truman.
MacArthur wanted to go after the Chinese. Strategically he was right. But the president is the CinC and that's it, end of story.
Obammy coulda shoulda oughto have left him there after sticking a letter of resignation in his drawer. McChrystal has four stars and will have no more stars (either way) so that's all the fat lady's sung and he's done.

What a ******** mess. :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope he retires and writes his own book and details just how ineffective the Obama administration is.

Obammy can dream about "kicking some ass", but all he's ever done is repetitiously wack his balls on the golf course.

Petraeus will be wishing he had retired too.......

·
Registered
518 Posts
UCMJ, Article 88, under punitive articles http://www.constitution.org/mil/ucmj19970615.htm

If I would have said anything close to what he said, and not to the whole world in a magazine article mind you, but just to enough people that it got back to my superiors about one of my company commanders, only Captains, or Lieutenant platoon leaders, I would have lost a stripe at the least. How can you expect people under your command to respect you (respect, which is the basis for allegiance and following orders) when you do not do the same for those you follow?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think there should be a topic devoted to anti-Americanism so you guys can have a place all to yourselves to spew your crap without proving to everyone else that you're racists.

·
Registered
256 Posts
sticks.bcs said:
I think there should be a topic devoted to anti-Americanism so you guys can have a place all to yourselves to spew your crap without proving to everyone else that you're racists.
Please explain exactly what you are talking about and to whom you're referring. Otherwise, you just look like a troll.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Actualy McChrystal was an Operator

Most Spec Ops folks aren't very good at making or holding on to rank. In The Officer Ranks you seldom see a good Operator above LTC or ocasionaly Full Bird. It's part of the personality traits that make good Operators, self confidence, low tolerance for stupidity(Read Obammy), make the other guy die for their cause and so on. He regretted takeing the job shortly after he started, the ROE's and other crap that obammy and his commy bunch were putting on him were bull crap. Every time he saw the Causulty Reports and saw the Troops that were KIA because of the PC "Show Restaint ROE's it must have eat him up. Yes he was a 4 Star, but not because he was a great butt licker as most senior officers can be. He had done some Heroic and valuable Operations in his time, I don't think he or his staff even tought about the Rolling Stone after shock. He and his staff probably talked about the idiot CIC and admin staff like that all the time to keep from blowing up. I feel sorry for Petrieous, he should have turned it down, obammy will drag him down too, what a waste! I feel sorry for our Troops under this Administration, like the last years in Vietnam, instead of Bill Ayers Pot Head Draft Dodgers, we have Bill Ayers best friend, President Obamma!

·
Registered
365 Posts
windwalker said:
Most Spec Ops folks aren't very good at making or holding on to rank. In The Officer Ranks you seldom see a good Operator above LTC or ocasionaly Full Bird. It's part of the personality traits that make good Operators, self confidence, low tolerance for stupidity(Read Obammy), make the other guy die for their cause and so on. He regretted takeing the job shortly after he started, the ROE's and other crap .......

Interesting point there Windwalker. Are you military or ex military?
My father was Navy U.D.T. in Korea. "Low tolerance for stupidity" :wink: That was my father. Double so with politicians.

·
Registered
85 Posts
We are missing the bigger picture

Aside from the comments I think most of us are missing the bigger picture. Things really seem to be a cluster f--k there the way its being managed. Are troops arnt not being unleashed to kill the bastards like they should be.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Re: Actualy McChrystal was an Operator

windwalker said:
Most Spec Ops folks aren't very good at making or holding on to rank. In The Officer Ranks you seldom see a good Operator above LTC or ocasionaly Full Bird.
I did not experience that. I was in two SPECOPS units in my time in the military. I was not an "operator", special forces qualified, nor even combat arms; those units need support staff just like other units which is what I was. Just being in a SpecOps unit does not mean you are SpecOps, except maybe the ranger battalions which require you to get the tab or you leave the unit. I knew clerks, mechanics, intel analysts and other staff guys who had Ranger tabs because they were assigned to the Ranger Battalions. Many officers on the rise transit through these units for training and go on to do other things. McChrystal was an infantry officer who was in Special Forces units and passed the Special Forces Officer School (earning his beret and tab), but he went back to staff and infantry commands.

True, officers from this field, that is Army officers that are actually branched as Special Forces (180 series, unless they have changed it) have a glass ceiling because their force is so small. And rarely do you ever see a Green Beret with stars on his shoulders. This is a fate McChrystal avoided by going back and forth from Special Operations commands to regular Army ones.

That is not the same for the Air Force, since one of my commanders was a Brigadier General (the Sergeant Major was Army) from the Air Force and last I saw him was on TV with four stars in the review stand shaking Obama's hand during the inauguration ceremony. For those interested here is his wiki entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norton_A._Schwartz, you will see why he gained the nickname "Spock." Before that he was testifying before Congress on wartime airlift capability status a few years ago. He is now the Air Force Chief of Staff, the head guy. Their, the Air Force's, SpecOps officers are usually pilots that fly for SpecOps units and so their "trigger time" and flying of various aircraft, rather than specializing in one, far outpaces other Air Force Pilots and so they move up. As you can see, his SpecOps experience did not hamstring his rise and the Air Force does not seem to "branch" officers (at least the pilots) in SpecOps like the Army does.

However, in the Army, the rise in rank of enlisted operators is meteoric compared to the other Army branches. My field promoted fast it was doable to hit Staff Sergeant in my MOS at four years and many did but we had nothing on the Green Berets as far as promotion pace. You do not usually see Lieutenants because they are too green for the job. Every Louie I met in my units was not an operator but staff, aide de camps to the CG. Then again, I was assigned to major commands and not detachments. Teams are normally led by Warrant Officers. Of which there are quite a few (and quite a few more W-5s) as compared to other Army fields that offer Warrant Officer promotions since the pay is better.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I knew McCrystal when he was an 0-5 and 0-6 at Bragg. Good guy (for an officer, :wink: ), real straight shooter. Demanded the unvarnished truth from his subordinates and gave the unvarnished truth in return. He's hard to work for, but in the end, it's pretty rewarding.

BUT...when you openly criticize your superiors, you have just given tacit apporval to your subordinates that it's okay to openly criticize you. Regardless of the circumstances. The best case scenario is for POTUS to publicly reprimand McCrystal and he's forced to retire.

Leb

·
Registered
682 Posts
sticks.bcs said:
Who are you referring to?

·
Registered
256 Posts
ptco911 said:
sticks.bcs said:
Who are you referring to?
That's what I asked ptco911. Given his lack of response to either of our questions, this guy (or gal) is seeming more and more like a troll.

·
Registered
803 Posts
There are some....um...interesting...comments so far.

TommyGunn called it.

Nobody that rises to the rank he holds, and has the background that he has, would foolishly and accidentally say such things in the media expecting no repercussions. It was obviously a calculated and well thought out move...........for reasons we can only speculate. Maybe it was based on ideological reasons, maybe he was just unhappy.Most likely he has an extremely lucrative and secure position awaiting him somewhere deep in the Military-Industrial or Contracted Warfighter world. He is a Senior Fellow in the CFR, which tells me there is some strategy behind this that probably ultimately benefits everyone involved. Maybe they are making way to start grooming Petraeus for a Presidential or Vice Presidential bid. Who knows, but give the man some credit, he certainly didn't get where he is being a fool.

I fully expect to see Rick Perry and Petraeus at least get their names into the hat. Just watch the CFR website, and whoever Goldman-Sachs and their subsidiaries contributes the most money towards if you would like an idea of who the probable next President will be.

By the way, I didn't see anything even remotely racist here, you can reel the bait back in, we're not biting.

·
Registered
40 Posts
When I spoke of anti-Americanism and racism in this topic I am speaking to all of those who jokingly or seriously refer to our President as Obammy. I've been around long enough to know a racist slur when I hear one. Respect went out the door when a black men walked in and I read it every day on this site. As far as repect being earned; It works both ways.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts