SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember all the hooplah around obama saying we need a civilian national security force separate from our military? July 08, 2008 in Colorado Springs.

Much of the text below is cut an pasted from an article online.

http://www.youtube.com/user/suzuko804#p ... XvLWB_NLKE

According to Nancy Mathis he just got his private army. She says that it is buried in the now PASSED health care debacle.

Subtitle C–Increasing the Supply of the Health Care Workforce

Sec. 5201. Federally supported student loan funds.

Sec. 5202. Nursing student loan program.

Sec. 5203. Health care workforce loan repayment programs.

Sec. 5204. Public health workforce recruitment and retention programs.

Sec. 5205. Allied health workforce recruitment and retention programs.

Sec. 5206. Grants for State and local programs.

Sec. 5207. Funding for National Health Service Corps.

Sec. 5208. Nurse-managed health clinics.

Sec. 5209. Elimination of cap on commissioned corps.

Sec. 5210. Establishing a Ready Reserve Corps.

Subtitle D–Enhancing Health Care Workforce Education and Training

See the Patient Protection Affordable Care Act, page 1312:

SEC. 5210. ESTABLISHING A READY RESERVE CORPS.

Section 203 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 204) is amended to read as follows:

SEC. 203. COMMISSIONED CORPS AND READY RESERVE CORPS.

(a) ESTABLISHMENT–

(1) IN GENERAL.–here shall be in the Service a commissioned Regular Corps and a Ready Reserve Corps for service in time of national emergency.

(2) REQUIREMENT.–All commissioned officers shall be citizens of the United States and shall be appointed without regard to the civil-service laws and compensated without regard to the Classification Act 2 of 1923, as amended.

(3) APPOINTMENT.–Commissioned officers of the Ready Reserve Corps shall be appointed by the President and commissioned officers of the Regular Corps shall be appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate.

(4) ACTIVE DUTY.–Commissioned officers of the Ready Reserve Corps shall at all times be subject to call to active duty by the Surgeon General, including active duty for the purpose of training.

(5) WARRANT OFFICERS.–Warrant officers may be appointed to the Service for the purpose of providing support to the health and delivery systems maintained by the Service and any warrant officer appointed to the Service shall be considered for purposes of this Act and title 37, United States Code, to be a commissioned officer within the Commissioned Corps of the Service.

(b) ASSIMILATING RESERVE CORP OFFICERS INTO THE REGULAR CORPS.—Effective on the date of enactment of the Affordable Health Choices Act, all individuals classified as officers in the Reserve Corps under this section (as such section existed on the day before the date of enactment of such Act) and serving on active duty shall be deemed to be commissioned officers of the Regular Corps.

[Note here that those personally appointed by obama -- without advice and consent of the Senate -- automatically become a part of the Regular Corps. without the Senate oversight required for officers in the Regular Service Corps]

(c) PURPOSE AND USE OF READY RESERVE.–

(1) PURPOSE.–The purpose of the Ready Reserve Corps is to fulfill the need to have additional Commissioned Corps personnel available on short notice (similar to the uniformed service’s reserve program) to assist regular Commissioned Corps personnel to meet both routine public health and emergency response missions.

(2) USES.–The Ready Reserve Corps shall–

(A) participate in routine training to meet the general and specific needs of the Commissioned Corps;

(B) be available and ready for involuntary calls to active duty during national emergencies and public health crises, similar to the uniformed service reserve personnel;

(C) be available for backfilling critical positions left vacant during deployment of active duty Commissioned Corps members, as well as for deployment to respond to public health emergencies, both foreign and domestic; and

(D) be available for service assignment in isolated, hardship, and medically underserved communities (as defined in section 399SS) to improve access to health services.

(d) FUNDING.—For the purpose of carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the Commissioned Corps under this section, there are authorized to be appropriated such sums as may be necessary to the Office of the Surgeon General for each of fiscal years 2010 through 2014. Funds appropriated under this subsection shall be used for recruitment and training of Commissioned Corps Officers.

Notice how this is slipped into health care but that much of the text stipulates that this private army can also be called up for emergencies?

Couple this with the amnesty bill being worked on that contains a requirement for American citizens to have a biometric national i.d..

Suckage is heading our way, and it could be rather nasty.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Suckage is headed your way because of the crazy amount of spending that your goverment is doing. Whats going to happen in the next few years will pale in comparison to the economic collapse that happened in the past few years.

The only thing you can do is get the vote out and hope the repubs will listen and smarter people get into office.

You guys are pooched. Theres your change.

Trouble is that what happens south of the border affects the rest of the world.

·
Registered
23 Posts
They are only making amendments to the already-existing corps. That stuff has been around since the 60's. I don't think it's anything to worry about, but we are talking about Obama, here.

·
Registered
137 Posts
bharrisCA said:
They are only making amendments to the already-existing corps. That stuff has been around since the 60's. I don't think it's anything to worry about, but we are talking about Obama, here.
+1

Anyone remember C Everett Coop? The Public health service has always worn naval officer uniforms...for a while now...

·
Registered
238 Posts
easy-v said:
bharrisCA said:
+1

Anyone remember C Everett Coop? The Public health service has always worn naval officer uniforms...for a while now...
If the department of education can buy entry shotguns, why can't the uniformed medical professionals carry around frickin' lazer beams on their forehead??

http://usgovinfo.about.com/b/2010/03/18/why-the-dept-of-education-needs-shotguns.htm

I would agree that the language does not alarm me but I am probably being naive in my interpretation of the language. Sometimes what is not said is more important that was is said in a bill.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Section 5210 of HR 3590 the Obamacare Healthcare Reform Law: Establishing a Ready Reserve Corps.
In the healthcare debate during the last few months, the issue of creating a small armed force under the control of the President seems to have escaped notice. The legislation that creates this para-military force purports to pre-empt the authority of State governors to control their own National Guard, absent war, which the Constitution does not authorize.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ptco911 said:
Section 5210 of HR 3590 the Obamacare Healthcare Reform Law: Establishing a Ready Reserve Corps.
In the healthcare debate during the last few months, the issue of creating a small armed force under the control of the President seems to have escaped notice. The legislation that creates this para-military force purports to pre-empt the authority of State governors to control their own National Guard, absent war, which the Constitution does not authorize.
ROTFLMAO - I ran this past a Mississippi State Trooper. Asked him what he thought about this whole thing with the private army. He laughed and indicated that may work 'up there' but that this "is Mississippi" and he feels sorry for any private army that ignores the Constitution that sets foot in this state.

I asked about their authority over State level law enforcement. He gave me the patented Mississippi State Trooper reply to ANY and ALL questions of authority within this state...

"Son, I am a Mississippi State Trooper! I answer to two and ONLY two authorities. God and the Governor. God answers to NO ONE and the governor answers to you once every few years. Don't worry 'bout nothing else".

Sometimes, I love the Troopers!

·
Registered
682 Posts
restoring said:
ptco911 said:
ROTFLMAO - I ran this past a Mississippi State Trooper. Asked him what he thought about this whole thing with the private army. He laughed and indicated that may work 'up there' but that this "is Mississippi" and he feels sorry for any private army that ignores the Constitution that sets foot in this state.

I asked about their authority over State level law enforcement. He gave me the patented Mississippi State Trooper reply to ANY and ALL questions of authority within this state...

"Son, I am a Mississippi State Trooper! I answer to two and ONLY two authorities. God and the Governor. God answers to NO ONE and the governor answers to you once every few years. Don't worry 'bout nothing else".

Sometimes, I love the Troopers!
+1 :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
ptco911 said:
The National Guard has nothing to do with the states, never has. That is a common misconception. The Little Rock case proved that the Guard is a 100% federal force, period. Just because the governor of a state can "call them up" to put sand bags and hand out food if there is a flood doesn't change that they are 100% federal, every officer has a commission from the President, NOT the governor, every uniform says USA on it, and even before the Total Force Doctrine they were 100% federal. Post-TFD they are 110% federal.

Look at Maine, which has an air refuel unit, and nothing in the "state guard" it can refuel. LOL, units like that exist all over the country, whose ONLY puspose it is to augment regular federal troops in total. The guard is merely the reserve with some ceremonial pomp at the state level and the ability for a governor to use them if they aren't busy nationbuilding on the other side of the globe at the moment.

·
Registered
56 Posts
We have a National Guard Apache helicopter regiment near my house. I don't see what state function an Apache can do. The Blackhawks are used all the time for various state functions (transport firefighters, rescue, etc.) But the Apache can only fill a federal role. The National Guard is a federal force with a local, state presence.

·
Registered
592 Posts
cruddup10 said:
We have a National Guard Apache helicopter regiment near my house. I don't see what state function an Apache can do. The Blackhawks are used all the time for various state functions (transport firefighters, rescue, etc.) But the Apache can only fill a federal role. The National Guard is a federal force with a local, state presence.
apparently, you never saw Blue Thunder!

·
Registered
365 Posts
PGT said:
cruddup10 said:
apparently, you never saw Blue Thunder!

I always prefered AIRWOLF. It was the original black helicopter . . . .

·
Registered
803 Posts
malakas said:
The National Guard has nothing to do with the states, never has. That is a common misconception.
Not to argue with you but that is not entirely true. It was during George W. Bush's administration that through Congressional Bills and Executive Orders they gradually and finally completed eroding a Governors supreme authority over the deployment and control of the Guard within their own respective states. I have cut and pasted an old post where I thoroughly documented the conditions under which this occurred.

To simply answer the Boushes question, the authorization for the president to declare Martial Law under such an event is provided by the John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007. It does so by revising the Insurrection Act, a set of laws that limits the President's ability to deploy troops within the United States. The Insurrection Act (10 U.S.C.331 -335) has historically, along with the Posse Comitatus Act (18 U.S.C.1385), helped to enforce strict prohibitions on military involvement in domestic law enforcement. With one cloaked swipe of his pen, Bush is seeking to undo those prohibitions.

Public Law 109-364, or the "John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007"
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?ti ... ted_States
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtex ... =h109-5122
H.R.5122, which was signed by the commander in chief on October 17th, 2006, in a private Oval Office ceremony, allows the President to declare a "public emergency" and station troops anywhere in America and take control of state-based National Guard units without the consent of the governor or local authorities, in order to "suppress public disorder." President Bush seized this unprecedented power on the very same day that he signed the equally odious Military Commissions Act of 2006.
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?ti ... ct_of_2006
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/po ... ns_act.pdf
In a sense, the two laws complement one another. One allows for torture and detention abroad, while the other seeks to enforce acquiescence at home, preparing to order the military onto the streets of America. Remember, the term for putting an area under military law enforcement control is precise; the term is "martial law."

WATCH THIS FOX NEWS REPORT ON THE POSSIBLE LOSS OF CIVIL LIBERTIES.

Here�s what Fox and the corporate media are not telling you � the government has a wide palette of dictatorial options ready to go: Executive Order 12919 (would put the United States under total martial law and military dictatorship), Executive Order 12656 (allows the government to increase domestic intelligence and surveillance of U.S. citizens and would restrict the freedom of movement within the United States and grant the government the right to isolate large groups of civilians), Executive Order 11921 (allows FEMA to �develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency�), and a blizzard of additional EOs allowing federal seizure of all communications media in the US, seizure of all electric power, fuels, minerals, public and private, seizure of all food supplies and resources, public and private and all farms and equipment, seizure of all means of transportation, including cars, trucks, or vehicles of any kind and total control over all highways, seaports and water ways, and ominously seizure of American people for work forces under federal supervision, including the splitting up of families if the government so desires. This last one is detailed in the Army�s Civilian Inmate Labor Program document.
http://www.army.mil/usapa/epubs/pdf/r210_35.pdf
On October 4, 2005, during a Rose Garden press conference, Bush said the United States is �preparing for a possible outbreak of bird flu.� Bush said that he had �urged other world leaders during meetings at the United Nations in September to be aware of the dangers posed by avian influenza and to have �rapid reporting� to the World Health Organization (WHO) in order to �deal with a potential pandemic.�� The DHS published the Pandemic Influenza Strategic Plan
http://www.hhs.gov/pandemicflu/plan/pdf ... zaPlan.pdf
in response, a document admitted to be �years in the making.� It �calls for quarantine and travel restrictions.�

The Department of Justice has established legal federal authorities pertaining to the implementation of a quarantine and enforcement. Under approval from HHS, the Surgeon General has the authority to issue quarantines. http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/04/28 ... 5598.shtml
The Army has clearly stated that it is immediately prepared to deal with such a situation
http://www.northcom.mil/News/2008/020108.html
Apparently so have civilian businesses considered part of critical infrastructure have been prepared as well.
http://rawstory.com/news/2008/FBI_progr ... _0208.html
According to the Washington Post, on October 4, 2005
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00681.html
Bush suggested that putting National Guard troops under federal, rather than state, control might be one part of a response to the �catastrophe� of an avian influenza outbreak. In January, 2007, federal law was changed and empowered Bush to �go over a governor�s head and call up National Guard troops to aid a state in time of natural disasters or other public emergencies. Up to now, governors were the sole commanders in chief of citizen soldiers in local Guard units during emergencies within the state,� Kavan Peterson wrote for Stateline. �Over objections from all 50 governors, Congress in October tweaked the 200-year-old Insurrection Act to empower the hand of the president in future stateside emergencies.�
http://www.stateline.org/live/details/s ... tId=170453
The Pentagon sealed the fate of the National Guard when Secretary of Defense Gates began the process of separating the Guard from the states. A memo issued by Gates �concluded the military isn�t ready for a catastrophic attack on the country, and that National Guard forces don�t have the equipment or training they need for the job,� and should be rolled into DoD operations. A report released by the �Commission on the National Guard and Reserves said the Pentagon must use the nation�s citizen soldiers to create an operational force that would be fully trained, equipped and ready to defend the nation, respond to crises and supplement the active duty troops in combat,� the Associated Press reported on November 25, 2008.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/11/ ... topStories

CONPLAN 0400, Rex-84
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_84
Operation Garden Plot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Garden_Plot
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?ti ... arden_Plot
The Patriot Act I and II
http://epic.org/privacy/terrorism/hr3162.html

The Military Commissions Act of 2006 and a flurry of Executive Orders lately designed for �emergency preparedness� � these represent the tedious structure of plans for martial law developed over the last couple of decades. I could go on all day. How can people see all of these major elements of the puzzle and not put together what is happening to our Republic?
Here is one specific reference from the post which supports my statement. http://www.stateline.org/live/details/s ... tId=170453

I am admittedly confused about the status of State Guard units which are still a distinct separate entity from the National Guard, such as the Texas State Guard. I am not sure if they can actually be deployed outside of the State. Probably so. http://www.txsg.state.tx.us/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts