SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me on deployment (right now).

Gun is a MK 43 7.62x51 machine gun used for self defense purposes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If I didn't know any better, I'd say that was the tower of a submarine, judging by color and rough shape. You can see directly to his right several number patterns written on a clear board. I'd be willing to be this is the "windshield" to the front of the tower, used when the sub is at the surface for people to stand up there and observe. The "microphone" in question is a cb handset, and it looks to be clipped or somehow attached to that "windshield."

Just my observations from the picture though.

EDIT: Just noticed the USS OHIO hat and the safety lanyard. Definitely the tower of a sub, in this case the USS OHIO.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Aubie, how are you liking that new anti-smoking rule aboard the sub? That has taken effect now, no? Are the nicotine patches and gum the sub is supposed to be stocking helping?

Just another step toward the future tobacco free military...

·
Vendor
825 Posts
How do you get internet access on a sub to post on this forum in the first place ... are they trailing a really long LAN cable? :)

There is a slight reflection above the compass(?), so yes, the picture is taken through a clear window.

·
Registered
161 Posts
7art said:
How do you get internet access on a sub to post on this forum in the first place ... are they trailing a really long LAN cable? :)

There is a slight reflection above the compass(?), so yes, the picture is taken through a clear window.
Its amazing what you can do with your own dynamically re-tasking sat. ;)

Hell, USNA has their own sat.

GO NAVY!

Jack

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Submarine

Yah I'm on the bridge of the submarine driving out of Guam. This was a few days ago and we're back in for a few days. The microphone is a bridge to bridge radio for communications with other ships (VHF). I could post this pic out to sea using a satellite but our LAN administrator has it locked doawn unless it's "official" business only.

Unfortunately, they don't let me shoot this thing. I was actually just passing it down to rig the bridge in preparation for diving.

As far as the smoking, our boat has not implemented that policy yet. We still smoke in the machinery room. By the end of the year though we will all be smoke free. Our corpsman actually went to the smoking cessation courses so he is qualified to give out the patches now to guys that want them (which is not me- I'm happy with my cigarettes for my nic fix!).

·
Registered
472 Posts
Awesome pic Lt. Thanks for your service!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Great photo! Thanks for your service. Take another pic when they begin to "issue" women to the sub... :D

·
Registered
472 Posts
nycstripes said:
Great photo! Thanks for your service. Take another pic when they begin to "issue" women to the sub... :D
HAHAHA!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts