SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
In case anyone hasn't seen this yet, North Carolina Congressman and Democratic incumbent candidate Bob Etheridge went nuts on some student journalists for simply asking a straightforward question.

I would hardly call this "ambush journalism", as the liberal media has called it. As citizens of this country they have every right to peacefully ask a legitimate question, and he has the right to simply ignore them if he feels that it was somehow inappropriate. God knows that most Congressman are so far removed from the people of this country, that this is almost the only way to get an answer out of them these days. It did not appear that they were harassing him or behaving differently than any other journalists would.

My take on it is that the "who are you?" line of questioning was a sort of a "Do you know how powerful I am , you are nobody" kind of thing. He seems possibly intoxicated. Had he grabbed me like that, I probably would not have resisted in such a gentlemanly manner. This is one more guy that needs to go. I hope he is defeated miserably. He should have just said that he had no comment or simply ignored them instead of responding like an sociopath. What a dick.

·
Registered
685 Posts
This sorry excuse for a public servant should resign. I hope the kids's parents or the kid sues the idiot.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Why can't that stuff ever happen to me. I would love to pummel a congressman and send him a message from the American people. I guess it was easier to pick on this little college kid than a 6' 3' 250lb former Marine. He has some brains I guess :lol:

·
Registered
117 Posts
At 6' 4" and 250 lbs I don't get many challenges either. That student needs to take it to the next step and press charges. It's no longer enough just hoping they resign, get forced out, or loose in the next election. I looked up the asshole's office and left a message with his staff that this is the type of narcissism we're throwing out of office next election.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts