SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the middle of the ocean! We had some spare ammo that we had to get rid of so we decided to surface in the middle of nowhere and have a little fun.

·
Vendor
825 Posts
Save the Whales!

Seriously, the first and third guy are shooting over a grill of some sort. I presume you knew where it led, but it would seem to me that dropping brass and links down a grill on a piece of machinery that has to work, or you die, seems a bit risky, no?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grill

Art

The grill is nothing more than a way for air to circulate between the superstructure and the hull. Right now everyone is laying on the "superstructure" which actually sits above the pressure hull. You can walk between the superstructure and the pressure hull and if the casings fell through they would wash away when the ship submerged.

This is something unique to this class of submarines. It's actually there for a level walking surface and to make everything flush so that it isn't as loud when noise flows across. Otherwise you'd be walking between missile tubes.

·
Vendor
825 Posts
Well the fact that you made it back to post the picture obviously means it wasn't a really big deal ....

Very cool pic.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Too much, that is an awesome pic - I bet every fish out there was trembling!!! :lol:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey Aubie,
What are those tubes/round "thingies" (Navy technical term), just this side of the sail? Do those carry the SEAL insert boats/subs? Or are they Tomahawk tubes? OBTW you wouldn't know a Chief Patterson whould you? He transitioned to aviation from subs and is in training here.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The missile tubes for the tomahawks are what we are laying on to shoot. The two big round tupes you see behind the sail are the Dry Deck Shelters which house the Seal Delivery Vehicles.

I do not know Chief Patterson. What's his rate?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Aubie, are those M60E4s standard issue for the ship's company or are they from the SDV Team?
Cool pic! Cheers-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts