1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Surprising article.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Very surprising to see this on the Daily Kos, but they are good arguments. The problem is that most on the "left" are not really libertarians-they only fight for individual rights when it suits their agenda.

I've given some thought as to why those on the left will fight tooth and nail to preserve rights that aren't even stated in the Constitution, but will rail against the Second Amendment, which is as clear as day. I have concluded that it is because armed citizens are an obstacle to the control that those at the top of the leftist movement desire. As for the masses that make up the left, I just think they are misguided by those leading them around like a herd of sheep.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mac2411 said:
Very surprising to see this on the Daily Kos, but they are good arguments. The problem is that most on the "left" are not really libertarians-they only fight for individual rights when it suits their agenda.

I've given some thought as to why those on the left will fight tooth and nail to preserve rights that aren't even stated in the Constitution, but will rail against the Second Amendment, which is as clear as day. I have concluded that it is because armed citizens are an obstacle to the control that those at the top of the leftist movement desire. As for the masses that make up the left, I just think they are misguided by those leading them around like a herd of sheep.
I couldn't agree more, although the right is being led around by it's own nose ring too.

NEITHER of these parties have the common man in mind anymore. Both have been controlled and directed by well-organized and funded special interest groups for decades and the results of this insular leadership is all around us.

I honestly don't think it can be corrected at this point-mostly because the sheep are more interested in a vote on American Idol than a vote in Congress...

·
Registered
256 Posts
anhedonic said:
Mac2411 said:

I couldn't agree more, although the right is being led around by it's own nose ring too.

NEITHER of these parties have the common man in mind anymore. Both have been controlled and directed by well-organized and funded special interest groups for decades and the results of this insular leadership is all around us.

I honestly don't think it can be corrected at this point-mostly because the sheep are more interested in a vote on American Idol than a vote in Congress...
I wasn't really speaking of political parties, but ways of thinking. But you're right that the leadership of both the Republicans and Democrats are more interested in power than in governing the nation. The only thing that changes are the "causes" they pretend to fight for. They are politicians and not statesmen.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
wow, a well reasoned pro 2nd Amendment article from a liberal?

Is this a sign of the apocalypse?

LOL

Nice to see that out there, will be forwarding that link to a lot of folks.

Thanks for posting it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts