SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Troy Micro Battlesights coupled with a Trijicon TX30.

I ABSOLUTELY love these iron sights. The sit a lot lower than the "AR" height sights and I get a much better cheekweld. I recommend these to everyone.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I went with Troy's new Di-optic Aperture (diamond) folder instead.

The rear sight aperture causes a distorted retinal effect.
You will notice it glowing from the painted cross hairs when you focus your vision in the distance.

I finally tried the new sights at the range this past weekend. Increased tightness of groups down to 6-7 inches at 75yds. I'm typically BUIS shitty at 75yds with groups of 12".

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nittany Lion said:
I went with Troy's new Di-optic Aperture (diamond) folder instead.

The rear sight aperture causes a distorted retinal effect.
You will notice it glowing from the painted cross hairs when you focus your vision in the distance.

I finally tried the new sights at the range this past weekend. Increased tightness of groups down to 6-7 inches at 75yds. I'm typically BUIS shitty at 75yds with groups of 12".
I've seen those. I was pretty dead set on wanting shorter sights though. AR height sights on a Sig are just too high for my tastes.

Do you like the aperture on your sights? I've never tried to look through the ones you are describing.

·
Registered
524 Posts
The diamond aperture actually makes a lot of sense.
I'm surprised it wasn't developed earlier in BUIS history.

You are automatically reminded that you scout down a north south east west site plane.
The retinal feeling is much more gridded than that of a circular aperture.

My initial reaction is that i like the diamond 1000% more than a circular aperture.
I am very sure that every manufacturer will follow in this footstep quickly.

I will definitely add a Micro DOA setup to my other 556 when Troy produces the smaller version

·
Registered
126 Posts
Who said you can't buy Dirty things on the net?

TROY front and rear BUIS Micro flip-ups in Flat Dark Earth color (dirt)..

Sig 556 without handgaurds, naked & dirty.
.....FDE (flat dark earth) dirty?

The TROY Micro front is seated on an eBay picatinny rail adapter.
I am going to explore my options on a semi-permanent epoxy that will "stick" the (aluminum, one-small-set-screw) rail adapter in place for a long time.
If not, I have to beg TROY to hep with add their quad rail on an old 4-hole configuration on the Sig556's top rail.
I like the solid design of their rail but got screwed on thee old 4-hole Sig.
. lol
I wish a Manufacturer milled off the bottom and sides too
-Similar to something like an ACR Basic handguard, but in aluminum!

The Micro set runs about $199.99.
TROY micro sets come in a tritium too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nittany Lion said:
Samson did make a limited run of the 4 hole designed Star556 quad rail. You might be able to find one new somewhere, if you search hard enough.

http://www.samson-mfg.com/ar-15_html/pr ... 56-4H.html

:!:
Troy is the nicer looking one in my opinion.
I love the fast, thorough cleaning ability of the plastic fronts though.

After the plastic is easily removed, I can wipe that barrel off so fast, and not lose any optic or BUIS accuracy.
Can the TROY quad that do that?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re:

sigshooter said:
Nittany Lion said:
Samson did make a limited run of the 4 hole designed Star556 quad rail. You might be able to find one new somewhere, if you search hard enough.

http://www.samson-mfg.com/ar-15_html/pr ... 56-4H.html

:!:
Troy is the nicer looking one in my opinion.
I love the fast, thorough cleaning ability of the plastic fronts though.

After the plastic is easily removed, I can wipe that barrel off so fast, and not lose any optic or BUIS accuracy.
Can the TROY quad that do that?

I've never seen the rail mounted on the gas block like that.

Couldn't you just remove the extra threaded stud that sticks up from the receiver? I believe the other three holes line up, but am not 100& sure. I'm sure it would void warranty, but I personally don't see what problem it would cause. It would at least be something to look into.

The lower half of the handguard takes a little bit of time to remove when it comes time to clean and lube the outside of the barrel. It's held on by five screws. But, at least the gas tube can be removed without any disassembly of the handguards. That's why I prefer the Troy over the Samson.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Troy micro dia sights on my sbr sig 223 pistol. They shot true to aim with little adjustment. Buy them and you will not be sorry. Don't ask for pictures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Troy micro dia sights on my sbr sig 223 pistol. They shot true to aim with little adjustment. Buy them and you will not be sorry. Don't ask for pictures.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts