SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this posted on another forum and couldnt pass it up. Great price extra mags, tactical case and trigger work done.

Will go great with the 522 and the Kimber conversion for my Springfield. The kids are already laying claim.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Very nice congrats I have 1 too (I like your forend). I am at around 1,300 rounds and still havent cleaned her I did some mods, H&K Original New MP5 stocks, MP5 take down pins They are sweet guns; do the screw upgrades and the bolt buffer will definitelty help. Didn't mean to hijack your thread with my pics just adding info to be out there 4 knowledge. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a problem tell me how to make it better. The owner stated that the mag disconnect had been removed and that the trigger work had been done. The gun is unfired.
What screws and sizes do I need? Could not make out on the selector mod fill with bright ------- something silicone? Do you have a source for HK take down pins?
I am not in the states right now so would love to order and have it there when I get home.

·
Registered
200 Posts
FYI since you have the SD model...

On January 2010 American Tactical Imports Inc received official notification from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and explosives that the original barrel shroud (aka: fake suppressor) supplied with your GSG 5 SD model must be replaced. It has been determined that this shroud is regulated under the National Firearms Act. American Tactical will provide a replacement shroud at no charge for each GSG 5 SD model sold or currently in inventory.
Consumers in possession of a GSG 5 SD model with the original shroud in place on the firearm are now in violation of the NFA. To avoid continued violation of the NFA, ATI asks that all persons in possession obtain a replacement shroud as soon as possible. We anticipate arrival of the new shrouds to begin by the middle of February 2010.
IMPORTANT: THE ORIGINAL SD MODEL SHROUD MUST BE RETURNED ACOMPANIED BY THE FIREARM SERIAL NUMBER BEFORE A REPLACEMENT SHROUD IS ISSUED. THE DIAMETER OF THE SD SHROUD IS 1-9/16â€

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Roger already been back for the upgrade checked on that first thing after I found out. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I've got an SD (two actually) and ATi was great about the issues with the BATF. Got me swapped in/out in less than a week.

rrages.com has a TON of good GSG accessories (including the H&K take-down pins).

I'd like to know more about the 'trigger work' on yours. I'd like to improve mine...the break isn't the best and a bit loose.

Here's a pic of my black one (also have a titanium model that I'll be keeping):

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sent an email to the guy I got it from for details on the trigger job and will post it as soon as it comes in.
Went to the site you mentioned great stuff. How is the colapsible (sp) stock any good? I am looking at one of there MP5 pistols in 9mm to play with.
Between this and the 522 should have enough .22's to keep me busy loading mags.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As promised, what was done to my GSG as far as trigger work.

Well, the mag disconnect (like on a browning hi power) was removed. You can put it back if you want to.
Then there was a sear overtravel set screw installed. It is adjustable if you feel the trigger is too light.
Then the firing pin block safety was removed and the bar cut off.
That bar can be replaced and the cross bolt parts are also in a baggie.
All together, it TOTALLY changes the GSG. From the factory, the trigger pull is a long march on broken glass.
After the job, it is short, smooth and crisp.

When I get home will test it out before the kids get ahold of it should shoot like a dream though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts