New to the forum. Old to gunz | SIG Sauer 556 Forum

New to the forum. Old to gunz

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by coctailer, Sep 21, 2020.

1. coctailer

coctailer New Member

Been in the firearms biz for 28 years, and recently got the Swiss rifle bug.
    Traded into a NIB early 556 with the non-folding AR stock.

Thinking I need a Swiss clone in my collection, so I am on the hunt for a lower that will take Swiss mags and the Swiss folding stock.

I'm not big on safe queens, so I'm not worried about the upper and lower matching. I did a 556P SBR about 10 years ago, and foolishly sold it. :-(

So here I am, with another 556 rifle on the line coming in from a customer that wants to trade into a couple silencers.

Still no luck finding my Clone parts.

Soon I will have 2 556 rifles, and BOTH are AR-15 stock models. The hunt is the fun part of collecting for me, and trading into stuff makes it better. :)

TL/DR:Help me find parts to make a Swiss clone.

2. Greymann

Greymann New Member

Welcome from New Mexico

3. HermCorps

HermCorps Member

Welcome. Do u have 551 handguard yet? I'm guessing urs has the fishgill. I have an early one as well. Got lucky with lots of swiss internals. I wanted to do a clone also, but wanted to stick to AR mags. So I put a UBR on it, Swiss handguard, MFI rear diopter/rail & 550 front sight. It looks very close with the UBR, & it's a heavy stock so it balances out the heavy front end a bit. Ik im prolly not telling u anything u don't already know, just figured I'd share my 551 clone setup without swapping lowers.

4. coctailer

coctailer New Member

Thats a good idea with the UBR. :)