SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just my 556 DMR recently and will be performing the 'new arrival prep' today. The DMR is 1 of only 2 models that is Jersey legal. :roll: It came with the Harris bipod and Sig quad rails. I think I got a good deal on it...$1750 out the door and I just mailed in for my rebate which will take the cost down to $1450.

I just received my Leupold Mark 4, 8.5-25x50 with the Leupold Super High Mark 4 rings and will be mounting it this week. I'll post pix when it's done. I think I got a good deal here too. I chose this scope in part from some posts by Lisa. Then when looking into the Mark 4s, there wasn't much of a cost/size/weight difference between the models so I figured I may as well get the biggest one. It's probably overkill but hey what can I say.

I've already found a lot of great info on this site and expect to be using it regularly. I'm just getting back into firearms and shooting. Growing up I wasn't allowed to have any firearms, but my friends had .22's & shotguns so got I play around. Then in college I was on the pistol team. Until now the weapons I've used have belonged to other people and I wasn't responsible for their cleaning and upkeep. So I hope you will all bear with me as I learn. And I have a lot to learn.

As to my personal info, I'm 45, married and am a fiscally conservative liberal...you know, a Republican. And when it comes to guns and such, I'm lucky that my wife is a shopaholic. I brought up the scope in conversation thinking I might buy a low-end scope to tide me over until I could save the $$ for the Leupold. Her response was "why waste the money, just buy the one you want." Then she told me how much better she'd feel if I got a gun safe too. Needless to say, I'm ordering the safe this week. :D Although my collection is currently small, I've been bitten by the bug and expect it to grow steadily. In addition to the 556, I have a Sig 226 .40, a Beretta 92FS 9mm and an Oly Arms Plinker AR-15 .223 and as there's a gun show next weekend, it may grow sooner than expected.

Anyway, I'm guessing I'm bordering on TMI so I'll just say thanks once again.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Welcome. My to do list goes something like this-
FN FAL
PTR91
AK47
Steyr M357/M9A1
SIG 522
SIG 556 Classic
FNP45
GSG MP5 (just because)
SIG 226 in 357SIG and 22lr

not necessarily in that order :lol:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Welcome!

What part of Jersey?

I ran around Edison, East Brunswick, Princeton, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
restoring said:
What part of Jersey?
I'm currently in Hamilton, outside of Trenton. That would be exit 7A racenet. :p But I've lived all over Jersey at different times.

Where are you now?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
LHarms said:
restoring said:
What part of Jersey?
I'm currently in Hamilton, outside of Trenton. That would be exit 7A racenet. :p But I've lived all over Jersey at different times.

Where are you now?

I'm currently near memphis TN.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
racenet said:
Small world. My stomping grounds was Mercerville (5 points area). 8)
I live almost exactly on 5 points in Mercerville. Across from the Sovereign bank in fact.

·
Registered
427 Posts
LHarms said:
racenet said:
Small world. My stomping grounds was Mercerville (5 points area). 8)
I live almost exactly on 5 points in Mercerville. Across from the Sovereign bank in fact.
Like I said, small world. I'm sure you'll need your 556 to get through the 5 points rush hour traffic in one piece. :lol:

Haven't been down there in many years. Each time we visit, we can't believe how much things have changed. I don't think there are any more corners left to put another drug store! :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts