SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

My Springfield Armory TRP

5K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  nycstripes 
#1 ·
Well the LEO rep I buy guns from got a call from a higher SA rep who answered some questions about what the status was on my gun. I knew these were semi custom guns but didnt know exactly how custom.
Springfield only builds these guns twice a year in spring and fall. Only 100 pistols are built during each run. The distributor has three on order and asked if he would get all three the reply was that he will receive one unless some other distributor cancels. When he checked I am that customer at the top of the list.
The pistol I ordered has adj night sites and rail. Just so happen to have a pic in the wallet.
Delivery date sometime in March, extra mags and ammo ordered and arrived.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sweet, best of luck when it arrives. I have a Springfield Trophy Match 45 and its terrific. I am sure the TRP will be everything that its advertised to be.

#3 ·
I really like the clean lines. Somehow the rail looks umm less chunky than kimbers rails.

#4 ·
Thanks. For years before I left to come over here I carried a Springfield Operator with the full length dust cover rails on and off duty. Sold it and my Rock River to a buddy of mine who had gotten a slot on his departments SWAT team when I was home on leave.
Looked long and hard from everything from Kimbers to Customs and went back to the Springfield the damn thing just works everytime and accuracy is top notch.

#5 ·
Congrats! In my opinion, that's one of the nicest production 1911's you can buy. Springfield is hard to beat when it comes to customer service, and you can't beat a lifetime warranty.

#7 ·
Because I have a military ID and my work here was able to purchase from an LEO distributor my price for the gun was around $1300. Added 5 additional mags and 250 rounds of ammo.

#11 ·
I recently got a TRP in ss without rails. The pistols with rails seem to be very hard to find. When my pistol arrived it had a few issues of which Springfield Armory quickly took care of very happy with their customer service. I knew the TRP PRO was produced in small lots but wasn't aware the TRP was. The TRP is very accurate and 100% reliable for me.

#12 ·
Well my wife got the call from the distributor that my TRP has arrived early. It should be at the FFL in this week. Cant wait to get home and shoot it will have my wife take some pics for me to post.

#13 ·
hickuleas said:
I recently got a TRP in ss without rails. The pistols with rails seem to be very hard to find. When my pistol arrived it had a few issues of which Springfield Armory quickly took care of very happy with their customer service. I knew the TRP PRO was produced in small lots but wasn't aware the TRP was. The TRP is very accurate and 100% reliable for me.
Congrats I just picked up the same gun. Might I ask what did you send it back in for? I have some minor cosmetic issues and am not sure if they will hook me up. Thanks and enjoy!

#14 ·
I decided that my next pistol will be a Springfield 1911 EMP in 40S&W for carry when I retire. Looks like it will be ideal for concealed carry and the 40 is a great option over the 9mm variant. I emailed my dealer to get a price on it. I think the steel frame is better than the aluminum offering from Kimber in the same model pistol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.