SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may not look as cool as Clyde's FNP-45 Tactical, but I love it just the same. I got mine for $600 out the door. You just get so much for your money in this fine pistol. The trigger is fantastic and the decocking lever is a great option. My FNP-45 will never see a holster, it's strictly for home defense and range use.

I was really concerned that the grip of a gun that holds 15+1 of .45 ACP would be huge and wouldn't fit my small hands. Wasn't a problem at all when I put on the smaller backstrap. Did I mention that it comes standard with THREE mags?8)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Good score! Eagerly awaiting your range T&E on it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was in a tactical shooting class and one of the guys had one and loved it. I'm looking forward to your evaluation. :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking of putting the Streamlight LR-2s on the rail. Will this effect my groupings?

·
Registered
184 Posts
It changes the weight, which in turns changes the balance. With that said your presentation with the gun might feel different but the group should be the same. I know on the Glock 22, some people have reported that they've experienced the gun "jamming". The problem has been linked to tightening the light too tight on the rails and preventing the gun to "flex" during the recoil stage of firing. I have not read or heard of that being a problem on the FN.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Very nice. Let's get some rounds through that puppy and report back. 8)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It might be a little while on the range report. I have a cast on my left foot and I'm on Percocet. Maybe I can sit in a chair and shoot?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts