SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
RIA aren't bad, they're on par with most 1911s on the market. They aren't as well put together as SA, Colt or the like. Guns are ofter "you get what you pay for". I have 2 sig 1911s, they can be had for a reasonable price used. You may want to look into it. Unless you want a "classic" 1911, which the Sig is not, but that's part of what I like about it...just a little bit different.

· Registered
38 Posts
You may also want to consider the cost of your upgrades. You could end up spending $200 on night sights and grips, and you'll never get that back when you go to resell. You might be better off to take the price of the base model, add the $200 and see what you can get used for that amount. As far as the safety, I carry mine in cond 1 and I've actually dropped it and nothing happened. I also had one fall off the top of my fridge (long story) and nothing happened. With the thumb safety, the grip safety and the trigger all needing to be set in order to fire, I believe the 1911 is at least as safe to carry cocked and loaded as a Glock is. I know, bring the flames. As for the torture tests...IDK. I never give that stuff much merit, I don't pack my 1911 around in swamps and mud pits and stuff. LOL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.