SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any views on this Semi Auto shotgun? Looking at purchasing a semi auto for the home. I currently have a Remington pump, but want a semi auto as well and looked at the Mossberg and this one looks pretty nice.

http://www.mossberg.com/products/defaul ... splay=feat

The SPX version comes with pistol grips, 8 shot, ext mag, picatinny rail, ghost ring sights. Price is 807.00

·
Registered
256 Posts
Re: Mossberg 930 Special Purpose - 930 SPX Pistol Grip 8 sh

hylander said:
Any views on this Semi Auto shotgun? Looking at purchasing a semi auto for the home. I currently have a Remington pump, but want a semi auto as well and looked at the Mossberg and this one looks pretty nice.

http://www.mossberg.com/products/defaul ... splay=feat

The SPX version comes with pistol grips, 8 shot, ext mag, picatinny rail, ghost ring sights. Price is 807.00
It is a nice looking gun. Couldn't tell you anything about whether this particular shotgun functions as well as it looks except to say that I own and have owned several Mossberg shotguns over the years and have always found them to be good shotguns-especially for the money.

·
Registered
112 Posts
FWIW - Mesa, Arizona PD SWAT is debating replacing their 870's with these at some point in the future. They have already authorized officers to use privately owned ones if they so choose.

·
Registered
187 Posts

I have looked at this gun myself and can't find anything wrong with it. I have not found any negative right ups on it and as with others I have a mossberg 500 with some custom work that has never failed me or malfunctioned in any way. I'd say go for it and give us a good right up. Because I think I'm going to get one myself. I hope its as good as its brothers.

·
Registered
592 Posts

for a semi-auto for home defense, I'd run a Saiga before a tube magazine auto. nothing packs more punch in a small package, especially an SBS version. 10rd magazines or 20rd drum.

if you say there's no need for more than two shells, well, then a side by side is the most reliable thing you could own.

·
Registered
50 Posts

Just keep in mind that if you get the pistol grip option, it's really hard to reach the safety (on top). I like the standard stock myself. I have the 18 1/2" pump 500A and I love it.

If you are looking into a pistol grip I would go Remington only because you have better access to the safety which is behind the trigger guard.

·
Registered
76 Posts

LockingBlock said:
Just keep in mind that if you get the pistol grip option, it's really hard to reach the safety (on top). I like the standard stock myself. I have the 18 1/2" pump 500A and I love it.

If you are looking into a pistol grip I would go Remington only because you have better access to the safety which is behind the trigger guard.
I absolutely agree 100% with this. I have a Mossberg 590SP with a speedfeed IV pistol grip stock and I have to use my trigger finger to pop the safety due to the grip getting in the way.

·
Registered
64 Posts

I have a 930 SPX with the standard stock and and love it. Eats everything from Wally World field loads to cheap Wolf and S&B 00 buck. Never a malfunction.

·
Registered
50 Posts

I have one in my patrol car. We requalled a few months ago after having them a little over a year and it was still as good as the day I got mine issued! I have taken a few courses with mine as well as taught one using it and I have to say that there is alot worse out there! Its no Benelli Super 90 but it will hold its own! You wouldt be sorry. With that out of the way I will say I have been a Remington man since my first shotgun an 870 but if Mossberg keeps this up I can see good things for them. I shot some clays a few weeks ago with it just to goof around and it did pretty well there too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts