MFI Rear Diopter | SIG Sauer 556 Forum

MFI Rear Diopter

Discussion in 'Optics, Mounts, and Sights' started by gkkid36, May 23, 2020.

1. gkkid36

gkkid36 New Member

Hello Everyone,

First time posting. I've done my best to check old posts to answer this question, but did not see range results.

With respect to MFI's rear diopter sight and rail, many of you are familiar with the manufacturer's product description, which states:

As I am not a huge believer in the accuracy of the .223 / 5.56mm cartridge so I only fully tested the number 1 position at 100m. The #2, 3 and 4 designations may or may not be applicable. I did position the holes in the correct location, but I did not waste time or funds to test something I do not really believe in. While the #2 and #3 holes are the right size and position the #3/4 position hole is much smaller than the original and is NOT threaded for the insert of a target peep sight, nor is it likely to be at the correct angle as I do not have one to check against. The Diopter walls have not been counter bored on the inside either, so the walls are thick in that area to accept a thread. As I said... The hole is much smaller so that the customer could MILL a new hole at whatever angle they need and make it work. Sorry you are on your own on this one... just not cost effective to test / check 100% when 99% of the customers will never have the money to buy a SIG SANs target peep sight much less have the need to use it.

My questions is, has anyone stretched their rifle out using these sights? After zeroing your rifle at 25/100 meters, what happens when you rotate the rear diopter sight and engage targets at 200, 300, or 400 meters?

2. fachries

fachries Member

Welcome
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Venillian

Venillian New Member

Good question! I would like to know as well!