SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"In what could be deemed an act of war against the sovereign borders of the United States, Mexican drug cartels have seized control of at least two American ranches inside the U.S. territory near Laredo, Texas.

Two sources inside the Laredo Police Department confirmed the incident is unfolding and they would continue to coordinate with U.S. Border Patrol today. “We consider this an act of war,â€

·
Vendor
825 Posts
Bull.

"In what could be considered an act of war".... by whom? Some bimbo reporter who is after sensation?

Even if the rest of the story is true, a crimial act by a foreigner does not constitute an act of war on the part of a sovereign nation, unless you are a sleaze reporter.

·
Registered
306 Posts
7art said:
Bull.

"In what could be considered an act of war".... by whom? Some bimbo reporter who is after sensation?

Even if the rest of the story is true, a crimial act by a foreigner does not constitute an act of war on the part of a sovereign nation, unless you are a sleaze reporter.
I think they meant war on the cartels not mexico. :wink:

·
Registered
365 Posts
7art said:
Bull.

By the people who own the ranch ...? ....?...? :shock: :twisted: :p :p :p

Seriously, I don't really care if it's called a "war" or not, we've been scr#wing up border control in this country for decades, and this kind of thing is only going to get worse if we don't get serious about it.
A decent argument could be made that when organized, armed groups coming across the border to accomplish these types of acts is an "act of war." However, some people want to get so tangled up in semantics that they'd trip over reality if it was in plain sight right in front of them.
Perhaps it isn't an "act of war." But as a crime it's an amazingly serious one, calling for equally serious reactions.
For which I will NOT hold my breath ......

·
Vendor
825 Posts
No doubt it is a serious criminal activity, to which we should react with decisive force.

And if you want to call it a war against cartels, fine. But that was not the tone of the article.

·
Registered
365 Posts
easy-v said:
http://confederateyankee.mu.nu/archives/303950.php#Scene_1

I'm thinking its too early to tell if it is true, and probably isn't
Yeah, there is beginning to be serious doubt that this is real, and even some speculation this might have been some sort of demonrat trick to "out" evil "racist" repukeagains.

I am beginning to truly despise political activists. The whole game is getting much dirtier than it ever was historically .... atleast in my lifetime (which does not include Tammany Hall days F.Y.I. :p )....

·
Registered
62 Posts
I love the repeating pattern:
Conservative wingnuts spread an idiotic rumor.
Lack of coverage is attributed to "media blackout" instead of the fact that it's just another unsubstantiated rumor.
Rumor gets debunked, "speculation" begins that it was all just a Democratic trick to make Republicans look bad.
Rinse, repeat as needed.

:roll:

·
Registered
365 Posts
What makes you believe it was "conservative wingnuts" spreading the rumor, rather than liberal wingnuts engaging in a exercise to discredit conservatives?
There's not proof either way and as much reason to believe one as the other.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Act of War

20 million foreign invaders is an act of war. Now, they are getting boulder and taking over ranches on US soil. What's Obomber going to do, sue Texas?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Re: Act of War

insider said:
20 million foreign invaders is an act of war. Now, they are getting boulder(sic) and taking over ranches on US soil. What's Obomber going to do, sue Texas?
:roll: Insider ... .the story is a fake. No ranches were actually taken over by Zetas.

·
Registered
62 Posts
TommyGunn said:
What makes you believe it was "conservative wingnuts" spreading the rumor, rather than liberal wingnuts engaging in a exercise to discredit conservatives?
There's not proof either way and as much reason to believe one as the other.
Because it fits the usual pattern with these things.
I notice you post no evidence of this "speculation" that the dastardly liberals may be responsible - just another rumor to justify spreading the first unsubstantiated rumor.
No offense, but for someone who claims to despise political activists, you sure are quick to employ their tactics.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I don't know who is responsible, that's why I offer no "evidence." As for "patterns" it follows patterns both sides use and have used for a long, long time.
If YOU have evidence, post it. "Patterns" is a gratuitous assertion, not evidence.

I could as easily accuse you of being a "political activist" from what you've wrote, but I don't think you are.
Just someone who is quick to draw unfounded assumptions.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Although this may be a hoax, unless you personally spend any amount of time near the Southern border, it is hard to imagine how big of a problem this really is. FYI there are absolutely horrific occurrences regularly that fail to make it to the national news, meanwhile they pump you full of directed propaganda and filler. There have been instances where Mexican Military vehicles have been spotted (supposedly lost) miles inside our borders, and these reports didn't even make he news outside of Texas.

I now only rarely camp and fish at my favorite place in the entire world, for fear of accidentally witnessing the regular drug drops that happen along the beaches. It is really only safe to go in a reasonably large group, and heavily armed, which kills the whole vibe of relaxation.

·
Registered
132 Posts

TommyGunn said:
insider said:
20 million foreign invaders is an act of war. Now, they are getting boulder(sic) and taking over ranches on US soil. What's Obomber going to do, sue Texas?
:roll: Insider ... .the story is a fake. No ranches were actually taken over by Zetas.
Hoax, or not, we still have a problem with illegals invading our country. That old line "the just want jobs" is BS, they bring crime with them. Remember the 1980 Murial Boat lift to South Florida? The result of that was the Cocaine 80's and wild lawlessness in Miami. Now we have rampant crime in the South Western states thanks to the flow of illegals from Mexico.

·
Registered
365 Posts

insider said:
TommyGunn said:
insider said:
Hoax, or not, we still have a problem with illegals invading our country. That old line "the just want jobs" is BS, they bring crime with them. Remember the 1980 Murial Boat lift to South Florida? The result of that was the Cocaine 80's and wild lawlessness in Miami. Now we have rampant crime in the South Western states thanks to the flow of illegals from Mexico.
I am not disagreeing with you here at all. It is a serious problem! See the post immediatly above yours!

My point is, phoney stories do not help the cause of trying to gain control of the border.
I am not even concerned whether they stem from some right wing whacko source or some left wing whacko source. oruacat2 seems concerned with that and claims it's "right wingers" but so what if it was?
The problem is real for sure, and the government has been indolent on this matter for decades. Lives are being forfiet, and people are hurting.

·
Registered
803 Posts
One thing that is rarely discussed in this country is the fact that there is a sort of a caste system that exists in Mexico. They see the uneducated Mestizo population as a burden that they want to unload on the United States. Those unfortunate souls that live in poverty in Mexico know that they can come here and receive basic amenities at no cost to themselves, versus being kicked to the curb in their own country.

·
Registered
186 Posts
wake up America

This back and forth about the border is funny.
Why do i say that?
Well let me tell you about Memphis Tennessee.
We are hundreds of miles from the border and we have a problem.
in the last 20 years , the Hispanic population in Memphis has grown to a reported 300,000 . a large part of which are illegals.
The Memphis Police have opened special precincts with all spanish speeking officers. The Brass have prohibited the Officers from asking anyone about there immagration status. The Police Director states on the news "if we ask them about the immagration status they will be affraid to report any crimes."
The mexicans are moving into neighbor hoods which have been mostly Black. the mexican gangs (MS 13,Latin Kings, ect.) are trying to take over Black Gang areas.
There is hardly a night goes by when we don't have gang shoot outs, drive bys, Home invations, Car Jackings and Murders.
That does not even consider the increase in Property crimes.
Then the way the crimes are reported causes it to appear as a decrease in the crime rate(but that is a whole different story.)
I will tell you that this is a vastly different City than when i Graduated the Sheriff's academy in 1974.
The Illegals and the Transplanted Black gangs which were brought here from New Orleans after Katrina, have only put more stress on Street Officers.
Illegal Immagration not only effects the Border regions , but also Hometowns everywhere.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts