SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Sig556ER; 551 HG; UBR stock w/MDT FSA; MFI rail/rear diopter; 550 FS; Versa-Pod bayo lug mount
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in casee any of u guys are interested, there's a Sig 556 "Swat patrol" w/green furniture for sale on guns.com. It's a low JT serial #

There's another Sig 556 FS on there too, can't remember exactly model though.

Reactions: Bosley

·
Registered
588 Posts
It's a low JT serial #
Holy Crapeezy! 2600 for a 556?! Saw one at a gunshow a few weeks back and he wanted 2.2k. It was a latter one as it had the cal stamped on the barrel up front. I went up to his table and asked him if I could look at the gas valve and he said sure, so I took it apart and looked. Black valve "B" on the bottom, prolly a U on the top but don't remember. It was black and had two very similar sized holes.

I asked him if he had much interest in it and he said no, not that many people even know what it is.
Low JS, 64xx on down is where to look imo.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Mine has the Swiss folder and I have the diopter rear sight as well. According to this sale it would put mine at well over $3000! Doesn't matter, I won't sell it. . .
View attachment 5344
good to see yours is as much of a 'swat patrol' as his was....

I still get people at the range that have no idea what it is. On the bright side, it shows how popular the AR is, which is good for all of us.

·
Registered
5 Posts
good to see yours is as much of a 'swat patrol' as his was....

I still get people at the range that have no idea what it is. On the bright side, it shows how popular the AR is, which is good for all of us.
The blue plastic Sig case that my rifle came in (new) was marked "556 Classic" on the manufacturers label. It originally had the adjustable green Sig stock (I am willing to sell if anyone is interested) which I obviously changed to the Swiss one. The Eotech in the photo was only on the rifle for a short time. I felt it was awkward and removed it and added the rear diopter sight which looks more natural.

·
Registered
588 Posts
The blue plastic Sig case that my rifle came in (new) was marked "556 Classic" on the manufacturers label....The Eotech in the photo was only on the rifle for a short time. I felt it was awkward and removed it and added the rear diopter sight which looks more natural.
It seems the blue replaced the black cases when the popsicle stick sight came attached to rifle.
I understand about the awkward non iron sight on it as it's set up for iron sights. I've found you can use a micro dot sight and it works very well. But as it's a micro, just mount it way back on the rail. Using that w/both eyes open really works well.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It seems the blue replaced the black cases when the popsicle stick sight came attached to rifle.
I understand about the awkward non iron sight on it as it's set up for iron sights. I've found you can use a micro dot sight and it works very well. But as it's a micro, just mount it way back on the rail. Using that w/both eyes open really works well.
What's the deal with the black vs blue cases? My 2009 model 556, with popsicle rear sight, came in the blue box. I mounted an 416 STYLE PICATINNY HK DIOPTER SIGHT to replace the popsicle stick.

·
Registered
588 Posts
What's the deal with the black vs blue cases? My 2009 model 556, with popsicle rear sight, came in the blue box.
That's one of the signs of a transition from one era to the next era of sig 556s as they didn't mix and match colors, it was all black, then blue. No idea what came after the blue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts