SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have new JT series Sig Classic. The grip is very firm but if I twist it will rotate clockwise about 1/4 inch. Is this normal. Do other Classic owners have some play in front grip? I doesn't move front/back or side/side, it just rotates

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a JT series Classic as well, and if you are asking if the handguard rotates, then no. I just went a checked mine and it is solid fore to aft and no rotation.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, I was reading the long thread on upper/lower receiver play and wondered what makes mine rattle. My receiver is pretty solid but the handgaurd has considerable play of about 1/4 inch.

Like the guy who sent his back and got a bullseye in the mail. I'm sure my gun shoots fine, just curious if this was normal. I will say all the AR-15's that I tried at store also seemed to rattle a little.

Sounds like your handguard is really tight. Out of curiousity does your handguard have 3 vents (swiss style) or more. Mine is the one with more, which seems most common on new Classics. I have heard the other is slightly bettre. It's odd that new Classics come with two diff versions.

I wonder if 1/4 inch rotation and rattle is worth returning/rep[lacing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts