SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
I'm dying to.. I might have to just bite the bullet and pay to do an indoor range. I've never needed or been to one.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Works been busier than hell... But I did manage to get a little project done on my P320 a few weeks ago. Filler plate to clean up the mounting of my Holosun 407k. Fits the factory threaded mount holes in the slide, but since it's a micro footprint, there were exposed areas around the Optic. This filled and raised the optic flush with the slide. Modeled it up myself and machined it out of some scrap 416 Stainless. Came out much better than I expected. Was even able to keep and still utilize the factory loaded chamber indicator.

IMG_20201102_133056_563.jpg
IMG_20201102_133124_644.jpg
IMG_20201102_133147_514.jpg
IMG_20201102_133207_162.jpg
IMG_20201102_133227_056.jpg
IMG_20201102_133248_467.jpg
IMG_20201102_133411_051.jpg

·
Registered
690 Posts
I’ve got another P556 headed my way along with a few parts. Pretty stoked. Pics next week.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Another unfired P556 joined the collection. Funny to park it against an optimized version. Swiss 550 hand guard, retainer, KNS pin, hogue grip in bound. Looking at brace options now.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Another unfired P556 joined the collection. Funny to park it against an optimized version. Swiss 550 hand guard, retainer, KNS pin, hogue grip in bound. Looking at brace options now.

Nice! I'd love to snag another one as well. Maybe a full length even.

What riser are you using for your Eotech? I still haven't had a chance to really mess with an extended charging handle.. so I've been looking for temporary solutions like a riser and or changing out my optic setup.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The height over bore is already high on the 55x, and the lower comb height only compounds the issue. A riser is the opposite of ideal. An eotech has plenty of clearance when using the straight cocking handle, in my opinion. You need to use the cocking handle one time, assuming the gun is working properly. I understand that malfunctions happen, and it would be pretty annoying to have to work around an optic in that stress scenario, but that’s what practice is for. I have run into some ARMS mounts that encroach on the cocking handle too much for my taste but, other than that, most others can be flipped to have the levers on the inboard side. I’d rather have a lower-sitting optic and not have to use a cheek riser, at the expense of mild cocking handle crowding. There are plenty of optics that are a non-issue. Or maybe a side-charging gun isn’t what is best for you.

Ultimately, damn near everything in a gun discussion comes down to personal preference and compromise. There is seldom a right and wrong answer. The dude who’s ideas and setup baffle everyone else is just as likely to outshoot all the discussion participants as any of the other participants themselves.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Nice! I'd love to snag another one as well. Maybe a full length even.

What riser are you using for your Eotech? I still haven't had a chance to really mess with an extended charging handle.. so I've been looking for temporary solutions like a riser and or changing out my optic setup.
I just bought a cheap one off Amazon. I have to raise my optics on everything I own or my hearing protection gets pushed up and off my ear when I go for the sight picture.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Got ya. I just occasionally snag my Holosun when racking it. Not as bad when I go under. Guess I'll just hold off and make that extended charging handle.

This is my next project. Gotta Mill my Grandpa's P226 slide for this Holosun 407k. He liked mine so much he needed one.

IMG_20201130_094540_464.jpg

·
Registered
690 Posts
Second pistol getting better Vy the day.

Reactions: xpotrpr

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Not sure how deep I'll be able to sink this 407K into this P226 slide.. after pressing out the roll pins and removing the internals.. not a lot of slide left in there..

This is an early Gen, German made P226.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Nice! I'm liking that folding brace and (assuming) KNS Adapter combo?
Yes, metal MCX brace and KNS pic plug. I’ll be selling this brace to try the CNC Warrior pic brace once it arrives.

Reactions: xpotrpr

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
well scratch the 226 optic milling. The OG West German made Sigs, like mine and my Grandpa's, are completely different.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Wow... great job milling that SST optic plate for your P320.
Thanks! I'm working on a V2 of it.. adding some locating posts/bosses on both faces.. For the plate to locate onto the slide, and the optic to locate onto the plate. I performed an accidental drop test.. accidentally... and knocked the optic out of zero. The Holosun held up, but yeah.. I need to keep it from rotating. SO the bosses should take care of that problem.

Also just started working on a charging handle design.. wanting to rotate it downwards so I can add a larger knurled knob and it will keep it all down and away from the upper receiver/picatinny(optics). I did just recently swap out my larger Holosun 510C for my buddy's 507C on a riser. MUCH improved for my uses. less bulk, less to get hung up and get I dont get hung up on it.

121 - 140 of 144 Posts