SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Ordered my MFI flip up sights, Timber Creek extended mag release, and a Hogue grip for the 556.

Ordered some goodies for the p320 as well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Any updates with prototype parts?
I made some ABS parts that have worked for me. Just spacers to take up some of the slop in the quadrail and upper/lower.

Depending on how my charging handle idea works.. may see if others are interested.

·
Registered
521 Posts
So that piece serves to shim either side and the bottom of the rear takedown pin boss? Like a sand-to-fit thing? Kind of sucks you have to contend with lining it up and everything every time you need to assemble the gun.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
So that piece serves to shim either side and the bottom of the rear takedown pin boss? Like a sand-to-fit thing? Kind of sucks you have to contend with lining it up and everything every time you need to assemble the gun.
I sized it to fit mine specifically (thickness of bottom pad and wall thickness on each upright). It could probably work on others, perhaps with some light sanding until it fits. It's from solid ABS (not that weak PLA crap) so it's impact and heat resistant.

It actually snaps onto the boss of the upper, and fits snug with a light tap on the upper to fully seat it.. and a light tap on the take down pin to jam it through. Comes apart just as easy. Only thing is the more you take it apart.. the more it wears on it. The first revision I made I assembled and reassembled multiple times, which weakened it enough that on the next tear down, it broke an upright. This current revision I slapped in and am going to run it until I actually need to tear it down.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
MFI flip ups showed up today so I slapped em on real quick. great quality. Positive lockups. Provides a clear picture through the Holosun now with the front hood gone, and gives lower co-witness when flipped up.

IMG_20200529_180721_032.jpg
IMG_20200529_180705_259.jpg
IMG_20200529_180846_663.jpg
IMG_20200529_180745_511.jpg
IMG_20200529_180922_949.jpg
IMG_20200529_180804_646.jpg

·
Registered
561 Posts
Not a lot of real estate up there in back, so you best get your order of operations down rote. :-D
Now get out and work on your pistol's moustache!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Not a lot of real estate up there in back, so you best get your order of operations down rote. :-D
Now get out and work on your pistol's moustache!
you're right about that! Its not too bad though, I was already flipping through them thinking about that. I can also just quick detach the magnifier entirely just as easily. Really they are worst case scenario.. Just glad to have a clear sight picture now.

I'm dying to get out actually. We have state wide fire restrictions here currently, so I'm on lockdown for now. I still need to get out and put some rounds through the new P320 too!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Just glad to have a clear sight picture now.
That's one of the reasons I don't like PDWs--the short stocks make it challenging to get behind the sights due to lack of a good cheek weld. They would be OK if you're wearing some plates/coat it could kick it out a bit and help. I even tried reflex sights and it sucked, so took off the wire stock and stuck a std collapsible carbine stock on it and it's great.
So to PDW it for me it'd have to come off the front end. Now I'd have to SBR it and I don't do anything that requires govt permission for my constitutional rights, so I keep it a 16" barrel. And everything works fine.
But this is me for my logic in life.

Bummer you're locked down due to fire hazards. That'd suck, but mebber these days it's better to conserve your ammo as we are in the post obama era and have been experiencing attacks upon us from many sectors by many groups.
Save ammo for a while to see where all of this goes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
That's one of the reasons I don't like PDWs--the short stocks make it challenging to get behind the sights due to lack of a good cheek weld. They would be OK if you're wearing some plates/coat it could kick it out a bit and help. I even tried reflex sights and it sucked, so took off the wire stock and stuck a std collapsible carbine stock on it and it's great.
So to PDW it for me it'd have to come off the front end. Now I'd have to SBR it and I don't do anything that requires govt permission for my constitutional rights, so I keep it a 16" barrel. And everything works fine.
But this is me for my logic in life.

Bummer you're locked down due to fire hazards. That'd suck, but mebber these days it's better to conserve your ammo as we are in the post obama era and have been experiencing attacks upon us from many sectors by many groups.
Save ammo for a while to see where all of this goes.
I hear ya. Definitely not for everyone. It really fits me nicely, and with the adjustable SB brace, I can get some length out of it for a nice, consistent cheek weld. Ultimately it will be SBR'd... down the road. I was thinking if I really needed to, I can just move it all forward a couple notches. Just need to get out again and run it through its paces for the weekend.

I agree.. Been grabbing rounds where and when I can. no shortage there.. plus home reloads in other calibers, I feel comfortable at the moment. Just want to go use em. been too long.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
Got the Hogue grip on the 556. Man what a difference! So much more comfortable and improved ergonomics. Lancer mag cinch and dual mags work perfect with the extended mag release.

Also installed the Springer Precision mag release on the 320. Improvement there as well. Was excited to try this ETS clear mag for it too.. but they are junk. Swell under load and have to be forced into the magwell.. And physically pulled out when ejecting.

IMG_20200602_055733_558.jpg
IMG_20200601_194900_714.jpg

·
Registered
311 Posts
Excellent posts! Thank you for sharing. Love your build. Very classy. While I don't own a P556, I do enjoy shooting my brothers.

How you liking your XC? I've wanted to shoot one, but haven't yet. Might have to pick one up someday. Sure is a handsome little compact.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Excellent posts! Thank you for sharing. Love your build. Very classy. While I don't own a P556, I do enjoy shooting my brothers.

How you liking your XC? I've wanted to shoot one, but haven't yet. Might have to pick one up someday. Sure is a handsome little compact.
Thanks man! Always been one of my dream guns.

I actually haven't had a chance to put some rounds through the 320... Statewide fire restrictions currently keep me from getting out to the desert.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Some more p320 love...

Local guy did the Stipple job and I picked up a custom order T5 Tactical IWB for it.

IMG_20200610_173634_614.jpg
IMG_20200610_173904_092.jpg

·
Registered
311 Posts
Very sharp!
How does it shoot?
<wink-wink>
Kidding! But serious, when you finally do get to test her out. Let us know.

101 - 120 of 144 Posts