SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound like a stupid thread but with the money we invest in lights, lasers, optics etc etc what kind of batteries do you use to power these things? Surefire recommends you use surefire batteries (obviously there is a conflict of interest in that). Although I have my suspicions that Surefire may be saying that just to sell batteries I am too afraid to venture out and try new stuff. Corporate brainwashing and fear of breaking my $400 flashlight I suppose. What batteries does everyone use? Any superior product out there to the Surefire batteries? If there was better I would like to use it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I use Surefire or Streamlight CR123 batteries. These are interchangeable -- no different than buying Everready or Duracell AA, AAA, C, D or 9 volts, as far as I can tell from the research I have done.

I seem to recall that Surefire and Streamlight actually have the batteries made for them except that they are private labels for branding/name brand purposes.

I buy whichever brand is selling at a better price. Usually that is Surefire....

Just check them once in awhile, and replace them with new ones before you go anywhere that you might need them. And carry an extra box of 12 with you.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Here is a link to some interesting data from a person who studied battery life (maybe way too much, I might add - is there such thing as a candlepower geek? :lol: ):

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/sho ... hp?t=67078

Scroll down past all the tables and graphs to the picture comparing a Surefire battery to an Energizer battery (once you strip the labels off)...things that may you say "Hmmm...."

·
Registered
803 Posts
Candlepower forums is an incredible resource. Good link.

Get on Candlepower forums and learn how to properly charge and test your batteries with a digital multimeter. I have gone exclusively to rechargeable RCR123's and 18650's. You will find that Surefires batteries are mediocre comparatively speaking.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This internet is great as far as us sharign information, but then again if us good guys can do it, co cant the bad guys. BUt that you so much for the replies. Thatcandlepower website is like the meccca of batteries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts