SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to add a light to my 556 with plastic handguards.
The problem is on the left side I can't reach the tail button and there is no place to put a pressure pad, and on the left side a light obstructs the sling mount.

Any suggestions on a good way to mount a light?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have found this to be a pleasing option, but some will likely shy away from modifying their handguards. Just drill some holes and bolt straight to the handguard. There are plenty of very sticky double sided tapes for the pressure pads (mine is on the other side, in the pic).
553crop.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the screw on rails so I don't think I'll need to drill into the handguard.

I was considering mounting the pressure pad on the left but not sure if will accidentally get activated by my hand or the sling but it's worth a shot.
The key will be cable management.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Cgrbb has the right idea. Use double sided tape on the back of the pressure switch and electrical tape on the very ends of the switch around the handguard. This makes sure it doesn't go anywhere. Also don't mount the pad directly under where your hand naturally sits. Either in front or rear of where you normally grip. This helps with light discipline and ND's. Then train, train, train. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts