SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if anyone makes a lens cover for a G23 FTS magnifier? When I flip it to the side, it's close enough to the ejection port that it starts to attract grit on the front lens. So far it's not a problem, other than requiring careful cleaning after use. Some of the grit appears metallic though, which means the potential exists for the lens to be scratched, which I'd like to avoid.

Ideally, I'd like to find a transparent sacrificial lens cover that can be mounted on the front of the magnifier.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Jalso:

I have the original EOTech 3x magnifier and it came with a transparent lens cover that is held in place with elastic cord, included in the box. It works very well and was probably designed for the issue you are seeing.

I don't think EOTech is making one for the new G23. You might want to call them (toll free) and see if the previous version would be compatible.

Butler Creek makes transparent lens covers that slip on -- they're designed for telescopic rifle scopes, but you might be able to make one work as a lens cover.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks for the info!

I've ordered 2 Blizzard Scope Clear Covers, a size #2 for the rear, and size #4 for the front.

It looks like the rear one might work as-is unless the ring is too wide. The front will need to be modded to account for the FTS mount. I'll post back with pics and instructions if the mod is successful.

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts