SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the length of pull on the swiss stocks closest to, the shortest, middle or longest setting of the 556 classic stock? I suspect the longest but wasn't sure. If anybody is bored and has the ability to give an exact LOP for the Swiss stock and the 3 positions on the US stock, that would be very helpful.

Edited to add: It just dawned on me that it must be around the length of the classic stock fully extended to both clip into the tab on the hand guards (since the female clip seems to be about the same distance from the end of each stock). If anybody is aware of a difference in the LOP, please post it.

Edited to add some info. I found on the web: I looked at the 550 length 39.3" and the folded 550 length of 30.4" and got a stock length (the part that folds anyway) of 8.9". Sig US lists the classic as 37.1" extended and 27.1" folded for a stock length of 10". So it looks like the LOP on the Swiss stock is 1" shy of the fully extended 556 classic stock. FWIW, Sig US lists the classic's length fully collapsed as 34.3". I would guess the middle position on the classic gives the rifle an overall length of 35.7".

·
Registered
167 Posts
Haha I have done this side by side once just for fun. It's not an exact match. The longest on the three position pull is longer then the Swiss stock. The middle position is very very close but a hair shorter.

Hope that helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts