SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I think I am done with the 556. I am going to add some features: bipod that I wont even keep mounted on the rifle, and a tango down vertical grip and have the x400 pressure switch mounted in it.

OK so it has the alloy quad rail, mark VX-3 (2.5-9 magnification), surefire x400 (dead on laser BTW). I do not have to waste my time typing the cool operational features (since you guys already know them) of this rifle so I will not. But I have attacked a pic of it. I have the x400 mounted to the bottom rail but am thinking of putting it on the right side. How do you guys feel about this rifle?

Please fire away with comments, suggestions and of course constructive criticism. Thanks in advance.

[/img]

·
Registered
226 Posts
No rear buis on my rifle either. If I'm taking the time to take off the scope, I can definitly take the 45 seconds to pop on the rear irons. The benifits gained by have the scope mounted closer to the bore axis far outweigh the benifits of being able to quickly "transition to irons" in my opinion.

Looks like a nice rifle without a lot of extraneous crap. I like the a2 style stock.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Til you get your VFG/pressure switch, you might wanna think about putting the light on the left side within easy reach of your right thumb (I'm assuming you're right handed.) That way you can operate the light without having to change your grip on the forend. Good looking rig, BTW.

Leb

·
Registered
15 Posts
Put the light on the right side. If you are a righty and carry it slung at all, you will inadvertantly activate the light if it's on the bottom or left side.

After using pressure switches for lights, I went back to the stock rocker switch, with the light on the right side. Way more reliable (pressure pads will wear out or the cord will get hung up on stuff and damaged) and more deliberate activation.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys! I have the larue quick release mount and it will probably take me 20 seconds to take the scope off and put the rotary diopter on.

·
Registered
524 Posts
If you wanna go long distance with that, then you should consider spending 15 bucks on a hogue slip-on grip for improved action.

The ergonomics of the 55x grip is to narrow for my paws!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts