SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 522 SWAT and was going to get Aurora's for them but I heard Sig actually has a rear diopter for the 522, made for 22lr. Any truth to that?

What's the best BUIS setup for a 522?

·
Registered
55 Posts
The 522 can use any setup good for the 556, nothing special, they are the same. Check out the sights and opticts section of this site for many, many posts on this subject.

·
Vendor
825 Posts
When I looked at the 522 at SHOT, I seem to recall seeing that they had some sort of diamond shaped aperture which I had not seen on the 556, so I think there is a dedicated 22LR sight they make.

·
Registered
73 Posts
They are supposed to have one out for the 522's some time soon. I called them like a month ago, and the said a couple months or so. To make the 556's iron sights work on the 522, you have to mill down the front sight post alot, to raise the point of impact. When I tried the combo on my 522, with subsonic ammo, I would have only had like 1/3 of the front sight post remaining to zero at 50yds, decided to wait for the 522 specific rear (or maybe front, not sure what theyr'e gonna have).

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe the aurora's work better because of their inherent lowness. i asked someone else who has aurora's on his 522 and he said the rifle was zeroed without modifications.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts