SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to find out how u did your SBR build.

·
Registered
186 Posts
HK 94 SBR

I built mine from a SP 89, but it works the same way with an HK 94.
for a semi auto all you need is a stock unit. for the Hk 94 you can use an HK A3 slidding stock or a Flemming side folding stock.
Flemming built the stocks for HK. you can buy them with the HK logo for alittle more or get one with Flemming logo for alittle less. shop around i have seen the Flemming branded stocks for $150 up and the Hk branded for $200 up. once you have your form 1 back just push out the two stock pins slide the stock in the receiver and push the two pins in.
on the Hk 94 you must deceide on if you want to shorten the HK94 barrel or replace it with an MP 5 barrel. The barrels are pressed and pinned in the receiver and you must have the correct fixtures to replace it.
receivers have been ruined by people not equiped to change a HK94 barrel.

my MP 5 KPDW has a Flemming sear and stock, also a factory 3 lug MP5KPDW barrel.
hope this answered your question. any other questions just ask.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was referring to the sbr sig556 classic build. how did you do yours? did u have to buy a pistol and swap lowers? what adapter are u using for your can and what kind of can are u using? also how were the handguards done? Tia!

·
Registered
186 Posts
sbr

sorry i misunderstood the question.
yes i used a 556p. also bought a 556 classic swat , swapped lowers.
the hand guard is a cut down swiss made 551, with a DDL coller.
the can is an AAC MK4-2008 and i am using a AAC mount.

DDLES
745 N. Via Roma 551 FRONT HAND GUARD CAP
Tucson, AZ 85745

Phone:
520-624-4778

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: sbr

pistol fixer said:
sorry i misunderstood the question.
yes i used a 556p. also bought a 556 classic swat , swapped lowers.
the hand guard is a cut down swiss made 551, with a DDL coller.
the can is an AAC MK4-2008 and i am using a AAC mount.

DDLES
745 N. Via Roma 551 FRONT HAND GUARD CAP
Tucson, AZ 85745

Phone:
520-624-4778
awesome, thanks! i already have the classic model, i was thinking of getting the pistol, buying a stripped lower from COGS and sell the ER lower. the can mount you're using is the same one that regularly comes on the SWAT model, right? *thinking to myself, do they make a SWAT pistol that comes with the AAC adapter? i might get the SWAT pistol with the rail to start out with then try some commando handguards. and, i'm keeping the folding/collapsing stock or getting a real swiss replacement.

thanks again for the inspiration!

·
Registered
186 Posts
sbr

Hello Phazuka;
i am not using the swat mount that came on the rifle.
i am using the one made by AAC which came with my can.
the older AAC cans used a 18 tooth mount. and the newer AAC cans use a 51 tooth mount . also there was some talk that the SIG swat mount might not allign properly with the AAC can. i think AAC reccommends you not use there cans with the SIG made mount.
good luck in your build.
Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts