IRON SIGHT FOR 556R | SIG Sauer 556 Forum

IRON SIGHT FOR 556R

Discussion in 'New Products' started by 66 RED ROCKET, Jan 20, 2016.

1. 66 RED ROCKET

66 RED ROCKET New Member

The red dot sight that came on my 556r died . I have been going in circles trying to find a fix. If anyone has any ideas I your help. I want to go to iron sights

2. mbat

mbat Member

Check out the mfI website. He has a few options and the prices are reasonable. Im sure a few people will chime in with others.

aj3501 likes this.
  3. rambo

rambo Member

4. jb76

jb76 Active Member

5. RCA_Cajun

RCA_Cajun Member

6. Mattyf

Mattyf New Member

Sampson makes them also

7. texas gun smith

texas gun smith Active Member

If you want factory USA type diopters, not swiss ones, like the other usa sig 556 classics had call sig directly as thier website sucks. You can get them for $100-$150ish. They are ok, not great, imo. but front sight looks cool. they don't really match regular optic hieghts at 1.5" though, and they don't fold. Call sig at 603 772-2302.

Midwest industries makes a sig 556 front sight that goes in gas block like factory stuff, not for xi's, only classics I believe. You would use a regular ar rear folder sight with it:
    Midwest Industries: SIG 556 SIGHTS

Not sure how good you are with irons or 1x optics like red dots, but i'm generally only consistent out to 100yds that way. I would suggest folders as back up only, leave down. Get a quick detach mount, like Larue, and use a variable power scope like 1-4 or 1-6. At 1x for cqb ranges, 4 or 6x for 100yds plus. Many have an etched reticle, so if battery dies you still can dot and cross hairs. It can help improve your speed, accuracy, and distance you can shoot, as you can see what you're aiming at. Look at something like vortex viper pst 1-4 x 24. Primary arms also has some decent cheaper versions in 1-6 and such.

Edit: just saw the age of this thread, sweat jesus, who drug this up, lol. I'm sure op might of figured something out, though he never replied back.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  8. 56Chevy

56Chevy New Member

Optics Planet has diaptor rear and front 556 sights coming in soon. You can pre order and wait. Sig has them on order too for about $100 for the pair