SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been answered before but I couldn't locate it. I just purchased my P556 & have submitted the paper work to SBR it. I was going to install an MagPul tube & stock on it once it gets here as well as the paperwork. My question is do I need anything special to do this? I don't want a folding option. Do I need a custom end plate or anything?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
You need a stock tube, a castle nut, an end plate for the reciever (any AR style plate should work) and your choice of stock. You need a spanner wrench to remove the rear plug on the P556. You will also need a wrench to install the castle nut and make sure you don't lose the rear takedown pin retaining spring when removing the end plate. Oh yeah and make sure it's unloaded before working on it :lol:

http://www.sigarms556.com/viewtopic.php ... =plug+tool

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you tell me which spanner wrench you used to remove the end cap on the P556? I have bought two and niether have collapsed esmall enough to match the 3/16" holes. Thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Vise up two drill bits, hit the end cap with a heatgun, then give it a little twist.

It's just blue lok-tite, the heat does most of the work. About the only way to mess it up would be to mount the drill bits backwards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts