SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Call your Illinois State Representative NOW!!!! and tell them "NO"

Illinois House Bill 5751 is now on the floor and looks like it will be set for voting some time during the week of 3/2210.

The House Bill, introduced by State Rep. Rep. Edward J. Acevedo (an ex-Chicago police officer) and co-sponsored by Maria Antonia Berrios

Quick points: it will ban all semi-automatic rifles, shotguns, and even pistols that can attach a folding stock. Anyone that already has a weapon that fits the descriptions in this Bill has 90 days after it passes to register their guns or they will be considered illegal!

Below is a link to the FULL TEXT:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltex ... =&Session=

If you live in Illinois, please call your State Representative, ask your family and friends to call, and kindly ask your State Rep to vote "NO" to HB5751,

·
Registered
682 Posts
I had posted this about 4 threads down.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ptco911,

Thank you for bringing this up especially since you don't live in the People Republik of Illinois. I didn't see your post, I'm just trying to bring attention to the vote deadline. Great minds think alike.

Thank you for your service to our country. My dad served when he came over from Germany and my uncle served when he came over from Poland.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Some version of this bill comes up about every year in this State-always originating from a representative or state senator from Chicagoland. Each year, it goes down in defeat as the rest of the state's representatives or senators vote against it. It's wise to keep one's head in the game as the OP advises, but I expect this bill will fail as all the rest have. Often I wish the rest of the state could just expel Chicagoland and let it go on its merry way. I honestly think we would gain more than we would lose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts