SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife and I went to the local gun range today and I was hit by two pieces of ricochet at the same time a small piece in the front of both lower legs. they have lead pipes that are movable you can see on the pipes where they are hit qite often by bullets. well she hit one today with her 9mm next thing I know there is a piece of lead in each one of my legs. you could wipe the blood away and you could see the dark spots were the lead was under my skin.well after some sqeezing on the right side like a pimple she was able to get the piece out but on the left leg she had to cut the skin a little with my knife in order to get it out. my question is how dangerous is it to have the lead in ou like this do I need to get some shots or something or will regular neosporin work. I cant believe this is a state ran range and they have these lead pipes that can have pieces fly off we found a smashed bullet by where we were standing I cant tell you if it was there before us or if it was from her gun.I could just imagine if that would have hit my leg I really would have been in pain instead of alittle. how worried do I need to be about infection?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Isn't that how gonorrhea is caught :lol:? Your fine man, I was shot in my leg and the bullet stayed in for some hours. I just didn't feel like dealing with it at the time. I pushed it out the hole it made, and the wife happily poured rubbing alcohol on it. I also poured alcohol on a q-tip and jammed the q-tip in there followed by peroxide and I am perfectly fine. I think it was a .32, so you can use that size against yours to give yourself comfort with the lead poisoning. This is exactly why people should bring back the 70's and 80's knee high stripped socks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies I always thought if you got shot anywhere you die like in the movies I guess real life is different :D

·
Vendor
825 Posts
You obviously didn't see enough John Wayne movies. In most of them, he would usually get shot in the shoulder, but just grit his teeth and keep going, and by 10 minutes or so later, he was good as new.

If it wasn't a bullet, it was an Indian arrow, and I don't think they were sterile or anything. But I never heard the word tetanus used in the movies I saw, though a lot of time John Wayne did talk like he had lockjaw ...

Art

·
Registered
803 Posts
Close one. Glad you're OK.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Glad you're ok.

·
Registered
44 Posts
sgranger said:
thanks for all the replies does this classify as beign shot by my wife
Yes!! make sure you use it as ammo (no pun intended) during your divorce

·
Registered
112 Posts
Having shot a bit of steel, I have been hit by riccochet several times. It seems the base of the bullet, sometimes comes straight back, when it hits the steel just right, or hits a deep indention in the steel, like a rifle has hit a mild steel plate. Never had one draw blood, though, so it could have been much worse. Glad you're okay!

·
Registered
591 Posts
worst so far for me is hot brass burns :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts