SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing a complete field strip on my SCM the other day. It dawned on me that I had never removed the firing pin after oh over 2k rounds. So for the heck of it I popped it out, other than a very light carbon coating it was totaly clean. Piston guns are awsome the bolt stays perfect. I doubt I'll pop that firing pin out for at least another 3k rounds, their just isn't a reason.

This summer I'm going to have some fun with it when I get on my friends property. I think I'll see if I can choke it with mud and sand. :D I kind of want to do the old AK test, split the upper and lower and throw a few handfulls of crap into the guts.

Lots of bashing on this rifle here, I really don't understand why. If I had to bet my life on a gun in my safe it would be either my 1911 or my SCM.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Funny, I popped my firing pin out when I first got my rifle just to take a look at it, but I haven't even thought about it since then. The only other rifles I've ever owned were a mini 14, fal, and bolt actions, none of which really NEED to be cleaned so the thought never even crossed my mind.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts