SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Bought the SIG 556 Because...I wanted a gas piston operated rifle as an alternative to the common AR-15.
I have the early gill guard JS series model, and I absolutely love it!
Taking AR magazines was a big plus in the 556's favor, my 556 loves P-Mags.
Why did you get a SIG 556?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No replies? What's the matter, cat got you guys tongue?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Around 1989, I was on a business trip, sitting in my hotel room with a copy of Shotgun News, finally decided to spend the money to get a Sig 551, called and they were sold out. Fast forward many years, Sig introduces the 556 at SHOT show. I told the Sig guys I would not buy it with that funky handguard and AR-15 stock and they needed to make it like the Swiss 551. A year or two later, they did and I got one (actually several). I thought that would scratch my Sig 551 itch. It didn't. I ended up getting a real Sig 551 many years later. And here we are.

rambo

·
Registered
588 Posts
GF and I went to a gun store in denver when some white guy named obama won the election for president. All of the black rifles were out every store in CO. At one store, I was sitting there looking at the empty racks when an employee came up and asked me if he could help me.
"no, you're all out of black rifles" I said.
"Wait right here" he said. He went into the back room and about 5 min later came out w/a box. He said he thought he remembered a rifle back there out of place and he was right. He opened it up and I saw a sig 556, no idea what it was. Well, I bought it, thinking I could figure out later wtf it is. I called that my 'obama gun'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts