• Other

Votes: 1 9.1%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

i'm kind of new to concealed carry and wondering how others carry their concealed weapon and their experiences.

I know this is pretty much something everyone has to decide for themselves about what they feel comfortable with. So maybe you can just give me an idea of how you conceal carry your pistol and maybe give your pros and cons for that.

Thanks everyone
Homeslice :)

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
My Browning Hi-Powers are on decock, loaded, with the safety on. One hand operation to take the safety off and cock them.

SIG 232, 226, 228, and 229 have no safety and they are loaded.

Baby Browning .25ACP is unloaded, uncocked on safety.

Ruger Single Sixes are loaded and uncocked.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
homeslice said:
Hi everybody,

i'm kind of new to concealed carry and wondering how others carry their concealed weapon and their experiences.

I know this is pretty much something everyone has to decide for themselves about what they feel comfortable with. So maybe you can just give me an idea of how you conceal carry your pistol and maybe give your pros and cons for that.

Thanks everyone
...it would be nice to know what weapon you will be carrying...

...i carry a PPK and a P228...sometimes a P220 or my wife's HK P2000SK...loaded with one in the chamber...decocked always...no safty...strong side...crossdraw when i'm driving or just feel like it...in a Bianchi 100 Professional inside the waistband holster...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Primary CC is a P228, also use a P232, both in a Crossbreed ISWB holster; spare mag in pocket when I carry one.

·
Registered
85 Posts
XD9 w/ shoulder rig, these are SAO, have a grip safety and trigger safety built in... so the equivalent might be Safety ON or Safety OFF, depends on how you classify it. To my way of thinking, these safety features are always ON.

I'm fairly new to CC also, and so far it's been loaded, de-cocked w/nothing in the pipe. (Fwiw, you can't have one in the pipe w/o it being cocked. And it's impractical to have it cocked w/o one in the pipe.)

But I'm still deciding on whether it should be cocked w/one in the pipe. I certainly see both sides of the issue, I am basically just lazy and don't want to be taking one out of the chamber without firing it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ullie said:
...it would be nice to know what weapon you will be carrying...
...sorry, i must have not expressed myself correctly. i was asking about pistols and i carry one of my HK's loaded, safety on, decocked and one in the chamber.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I believe he was. All striker fired pistols, Glock, XD etc.. are cocked internally when you rack the slide and chamber a round.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
My Springfield XD .45 doesn't have typical manual safeties - USA and grip only. I carry it cocked with 1 in the chamber.

My wife's XD .45 has the thumb safety, she carries it cocked, 1 in the chamber, safety on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
homeslice said:
Hi everybody,

Thanks everyone
Hey homeslice,

Welcome to the world of CC!

Here's my 2 cents:

I use a Glock 23 .40 cal. Usually chambered and no manual safety on Glocks. I carry strong side. Usually the 3 o'clock or 4:30 position conceals best for me and is most comfortable.

I use two types of IWB (in waist band) holsters for casual or casual business dress. A Don Hume holster $30 and my absolute favorite is the MTAC (Minotaur Tuckable Adjusted Cant) holster $80 by Comp-tac. So comfortable that I almost forget it's there. I can tuck a Polo or dress shirt if needed. Usually only "print" when sitting and bending down to tie shoes. Here's their site you won't be sorry:

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.ph ... m6a7j720d4

For business I wear a shoulder holster under my suit coat.

If I'm out and feel safe, sometimes I won't chamber a round but always do when I get back in my car.

At first, I started out un-chambered until I felt comfortable with the whole idea and until I was familiar with my own actions.

This may be a little more than what you asked for but here are two great web sites that I've used to navigate getting non-resident CCW permits. I'm CCW legal in 35 states and those are the only ones I conduct business/take vacation.

www.handgunlaw.us
www.carryconcealed.net

Hope this was helpful and best of luck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
lenardlex said:
None of my handguns has a safety.
Sig P229 DA/SA Decocked.

Why do I carry that way? Its how the gun was designed to be carried... And after 7 years of daily carry, training and practice drawing to the target is muscle memory, I don't need to see the sights till the last milisecond, fine-adjust, pull trigger BOOM.

No additional steps to make the gun ready to fight.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Handgun LOADED, Safety ON, Hammer COCKED, Chamber LOADED

When I get to carry (out of state since I live in Illinois).

I carry my Kimber Warrior, there is no double action, so not carrying it hammer decocked wouldn't do a lot of good.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Glock 26 or Glock 19, always ready to rock and roll. :twisted: There is no point doing it different. :wink: My advice is that however you carry your pistol, always keep you fingers out the the trigger unless you are ready to shoot. Be safe. 8)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd like to thank everybody for their input and thoughts. This gave me an idea of what i still have to think about as to my concealed carry habbits.

Stay safe,
Homeslice

1stGenerationAmerican said:
I use two types of IWB (in waist band) holsters for casual or casual business dress. A Don Hume holster $30 and my absolute favorite is the MTAC (Minotaur Tuckable Adjusted Cant) holster $80 by Comp-tac. So comfortable that I almost forget it's there. I can tuck a Polo or dress shirt if needed. Usually only "print" when sitting and bending down to tie shoes. Here's their site you won't be sorry:

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.ph ... m6a7j720d4
...yes, good choice. I have the CTAC since they didn't offer the MTAC for the USP anymore. Now that they have the redesigned version i will have to place an order :D

·
Registered
372 Posts
I switch between my Sig 220 and 250. Usually the 220 goes into a shoulder holster, though sometimes a waist band. The 250 I always carry in a waistband. Both one in the chamber.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Trench coat and my 556 with a vtac sling, I get down like that in FL :roll:.
I know I am a few days late but I wanted to give another pov. I carry a "oh sh** backup" to my cc, which is my LCP with a kel tec clip so it's IWB in the front but to the side of my favorite appendage. Orrr I would use my wife's Glock 26 (Ullie's not the only one who steals his significant others firearms :wink:) with the clip draw on it. Orrrr the LCP is on a ankle holster(one in the chamber). Both are loaded but chamber empty. As my main: it's usually my kimber in a galco holster...... or my 229 in a fobus....... or a Glock in a fobus..... or my Steyr m1a 357 in a uncle mikes iwb. I have yet to find a fobus for my damn steyr. Oh, and all the main cc are cocked locked and ready to rock. One day I hope to get a shoulder holster from blackhawk that accepts their serpa holsters, so I can use my serpas. If anyone has any feedback for the shoulder holster please chime in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts