SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to see your 556 SBR pictures. Please include a description/name of your parts for me. I'm thinking of turning my P556 into a SBR and would like to see all my options.
Thanks

·
Registered
438 Posts

Nothing fancy or complicated. Just a plain jane SBR that is light, easy to point, well balanced and pleasure to shoot.

556P upper with a classic lower. Cut down Sig 551 hand guards with a DDLES cap. The flash suppressor is a Noveske Kx 3. The iron sights are a matched pair of Sig/San Swiss sights.

My optics are either Aimpoint ML3 with LaRue tactical QD mount or an ACOG TA 11 scope with LaRue LT 100 QD tactical mount.

·
Registered
200 Posts

The SBR has a factory tube and magpul CTR, a SSSSSSSSSSSSSSamson flangeless rail, a ACOG TA01-NSN, larue FUG grip, M4-2000 suppressor and flash hider / mount. I loved it until the optics rail fell off :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Midwest front and rear backup irons, ACOG, Surefire Scout light, AAC M4-2000

P.S. had same problem with my optics rail coming off. It is off being repaired now.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Dem People said:
Midwest front and rear backup irons, ACOG, Surefire Scout light, AAC M4-2000

P.S. had same problem with my optics rail coming off. It is off being repaired now.
Are they actually able to fix them? The other guy on here had his rifle sent back unrepaired.

·
Registered
407 Posts
ilintner said:
Are they actually able to fix them? The other guy on here had his rifle sent back unrepaired.
Not sure if there was another person, but mine had been to SIG and back. They did not repair mine. I had to send it to be welded.

·
Registered
407 Posts
762nato said:
Dem People,who did the welding for you,did they do a good job. I guess you had to have your sig refinished huh?
Guy doing is Frank Haden. Cant comment on work yet rifle still at his shop, but from what I've seen his work is top notch. I assume it will have to be refinished, when I get it back I will decide, but I'm leaning towards Robar Finishes. I havent been able to find anything negative about them either.

·
Registered
384 Posts
My 556 ZD (Zombie Defender)

Ace ULM stock, trijicon tripower, surefire light on larue mount, MBUS, vortex suppressor, coupled 42 round CMMG mags.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Dem People said:
ilintner said:
Not sure if there was another person, but mine had been to SIG and back. They did not repair mine. I had to send it to be welded.
Got confused, we already talked about this in the other thread :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Slewfoot,

That rear SAN sight is exactly what I'm looking for. Can you tell me what it cost you, does it have night sights and if it will work with the Swiss 550 hooded front sight? I spoke with Markus at The Shooting Edge in Canada but I think he was a bit confused with my questions (slight language barrier). Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
83 Posts
slewfoot said:

Nothing fancy or complicated. Just a plain jane SBR that is light, easy to point, well balanced and pleasure to shoot.

556P upper with a classic lower. Cut down Sig 551 hand guards with a DDLES cap. The flash suppressor is a Noveske Kx 3. The iron sights are a matched pair of Sig/San Swiss sights.

My optics are either Aimpoint ML3 with LaRue tactical QD mount or an
ACOG TA 11 scope with LaRue LT 100 QD tactical mount.

Can you go into more detail about the sights...it looks like you have the original rail I assume with the sling attachment? Can the sights attach to the SIG556 rail?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yes, the sights do attach to the 556 rail. If you look closely at the photo of the SBR with the stock extended you will notice the sights are mounted on a factory rail.

·
Registered
438 Posts
elits1 said:
Slewfoot,

That rear SAN sight is exactly what I'm looking for. Can you tell me what it cost you, does it have night sights and if it will work with the Swiss 550 hooded front sight? I spoke with Markus at The Shooting Edge in Canada but I think he was a bit confused with my questions (slight language barrier). Thanks for your help!
I bought these sights some time ago. I believe the set cost me about 475 bucks including shipping from Switzerland. I don't believe the San sights will match up with the hooded sight. The rear sight is part of a set including the fold down front sight.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Here's mine:

Troy Battlerail
Troy Battlegrip
Troy Front & Rear flip up tritium sights
Ace ARFX-E Stock
Griffin Tactical Charging Handle
Aimpoint M4S on GG&G Accucam mount

1 - 20 of 98 Posts