SIG Sauer 556 Arms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an older 556 swat with a floppy side folder stock. I could never get the rifle to group because of the slop in the stock. I changed out the stock with a magpul target stock like the DMRs. I put a leupold VX2 6-18 on it and went to the range. The rifle now shoots one inch groups with factory 55 gr loads and 1/2 inch groups with handloaded 40 gr nosler ballistic tips.

I can't believe how much better this rifle now shoots with a solid stock. The new stock was definately worth doing. :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
Look a little something like this?

Yea, its a nice stock, lotta coin, but a real nice stock.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yes I am, although i have to flip the front sight up.

The scope is mounted in qd rings though, so i usually just take it off for cleaning anyways.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TonyRumore said:
For the guys that don't know....40gr Nosler bullets shoot fantastic in everything you put them in. If you haven't tried them, you should.

Tony
I initially loaded these for my Blaser R93 and it shoots one hole groups with this load. I was surprised how accurate my 556 was with this load. I think the DMR stock made a huge difference in accuracy. My plastic side folder was one of the floppiest stocks I have ever seen. I am not surprised sig went to the new classic style stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts